Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted March 31, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A profile thought

I so remember

by DR DIP


I SO REMEMBER

I so remember once this was a writing site for poets and short story writers to share their works with those who share the passion of the written word, be it in rhyming verse, non -rhyming or prose plus fiction or non- fiction short stories.

People made comments what they felt of each other's work and would graciously say where they thought a work could be improved whether grammatically or poetically.
It was an enjoyable place to visit.

But slowly the poison tongue of political allegiance and distorted religion oozed its way into this wonderful American site, especially catalysed by the inauguration of Trump into the political equation.

Everyone saw him as the breath of fresh air America needed.

No one bothered criticizing his track record as a bankrupt liar and charlatan with a hidden agenda to better his own position in life and bring nepotism into the political occasion.

Slowly, people realized that the man liked to stretch the truth for his own benefit.

The people had had the wool pulled over their collective eyes and started believing his stats of success in turning the economy and unemployment.

He does not mention the increasing amount of homeless taking residence in the back streets and parks of California.
I so wish the economy was improving as a result of his policies.

To use the coronavirus as a crutch for personal political gain is going to backfire and is outright disgusting.

The man continually is losing any respect or credibility one might have thought he had at the time of his inception.

Many now are disillusioned.

The coronavirus is the great deterrent he needed to have and the more he tries to embrace optimism and light at the end of the tunnel, the more he digs a deeper hole for himself.... then tries to justify his actions for the betterment of the people.
Next he will be stating this is the virus we had to have

Just my thoughts read them while they are still up.

dip




I posted this as a 'profile thought' but for some reason was promptly removed after it had been ransacked with vitreole and diatribe not becoming to a cordial dialogue of opinion and discussion.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DR DIP All rights reserved.
DR DIP has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.