General Non-Fiction posted January 23, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Two incidents for Animal Crackers Club

The Case of the Pouting Cat

by damommy


This is a multi-cat household, so there’s always something funny happening.  I’ve chosen two that happened recently.
 
A couple of days ago, I was hanging new curtain rods and sat down to rest my back.  My den forms an ‘L’ to the rest of the house, and I’m able to look down through the side garden from my chair.
 
All at once, I saw something white flying through the air.  At first, I thought it was a white plastic bag.  But, no.  It was a kitten of one of the feral cats that I feed.  It’s easy for them to get on the roof by jumping from the privacy fence.  This little girl came sailing down, all four legs spread out, and landed on her feet on the gravel path!  You can see from the photo above how far she had to go.  I thought it was amazing, especially in one so young.  I wonder if she’s seen squirrels do that, and thought she’d give it a go.
 
And now, here’s the other happening.
 
Last night, my son, his fiancée, and I had gone to dinner, and had come back to my house to visit a while.  My cats are always very happy to see my son, but tonight, my big ginger cat, Endeavour, just wasn’t quite himself. 
 
It was clear he was sulking about something, but for the life of us all, we couldn’t figure out what.  He kept turning his back to us, and his tail was twitching a mile a minute, and he was even scowling.  All attempts to pet him only brought more snubs and back-turning.
 
The only thing I could think of was I hadn’t given them their afternoon treat, thinking I could get by with it.  It was the one thing that was different today.  So, I went to give them their treat, albeit late.
 
Endeavour was a changed cat!  He came back into the room and greeted everyone, and basked in the attention he was getting.  Even his facial expression was better.  Who knew that a cat could be so miffed over a something so trivial!  Apparently, it was a bigger deal than I realized.
 
Petulance, thy name is a pouting cat.

 



Recognized

Club entry for the "Prose" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.