General Fiction posted December 8, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
He is not amused.

PC's Trip to the Zoo

by damommy



Hi!  It’s PC here to tell you about my trip to the zoo.  What a day!
 
I’d gone for my bi-weekly antibiotic shot, and Mommy thought I deserved a treat, so off to the zoo we went.  I’d never seen anything quite like it.  There were these big cats roaming around freely, and big monkeys hanging from trapezes.  And don’t get me started about the elephants.  Those guys eat with their noses.
 
The big cats Mommy called lions made my brother Endeavour look like a toy.  They watched me like I was their next hors d’oeuvre and they were waiting for cocktail hour.  I tried to hurry past them, but the darn leash Mommy insisted on held me back, but I kept pulling and finally we moved on.  Thank goodness, because one was licking his lips.
 
Just when I thought we were safe again, we happened upon a huge furry guy that the sign said “Gorilla.”  My sign said “Monster.”   Even so, he just sat there and stared at us until he lost interest and went to play with his ball. 
 
Now, the elephants were pretty cool guys until one stuck his nose out and touched me.  What did he think, that I was a furry peanut?
 
I really liked the rhino, but someone needs to tell her she has this thing coming out of her face.  Poor girl.  I don’t think she’ll ever get a boyfriend looking like that.   
 
Next on our round were these gigantic turtles.  Some of them were as big as our car.  We have turtles at home, but nothing like these.  Mommy said they were very, very old.
 
We saw lots of other things, but let me tell you, I was glad to get to the car.  Mommy hugged me tight and asked, “Did you enjoy your trip to see the other animals, sweetie?”

I need catnip – fast!
 

 



Recognized


A Trip to the Zoo with your pet was the challenge for Animal Crackers Club.

Club entry for the "Pets/Animals" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.