Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted August 25, 2019 Chapters:  ...6 10 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fond memories will always remain

A chapter in the book Remembering Dean

RIP Dean

by DR DIP

RIP DEAN

He came into my life when I was a newbie on Fanstory on the 13th may 2013.
Fanstory was a whole new world for me. I had only been writing poetry for three years and primarily rhyming verse at that.
I remember the first day of posting I was excited, enthusiastic and eager to share but at the same time lacking self assurance or confidence in my humble writes.

One of my first reviews was pretty scathing and it certainly drained my confidence and self esteem. I was about to leave the site through fear of embarrassing myself after reading so many awesome metaphorical poems, not one simple rhyme did I read.

Then, one Dean Kuch, came in with a wonderful encouraging reply in a review encouraging me and welcoming me to Fanstory.

From that very day our friendship just got stronger.
I am sure many people here will only think of Dean as a horror story and horror poem writer in verse but Dean also had an amazing way with phrasing words and my favourite stuff of Dean was when he dabbled every now and then in writing romance poetry.

He was my mentor and master, my friend and my encouragement to never give up and to write every day. His talent as a wordsmith could be spread over many poetic genre from horror to romance to short stories to his fondness of writing Haiku and Senryu.
He has been actively involved in contest and challenges, potlatch to picture this poetry to giving a subject Matter to write a poem about.
Dean will leave a legacy of very fond and lasting memories among the family of FanStory

May you rest in peace my wonderful friend.

x sincerely dip




No words required
Only tears allowed
For a man who always inspired
A man who stood so proud

No words could ever say
what this poet meant to me
This will be a very sad day
I think that's plain to see

No words to be uttered
As we light the candle
Yes we all are guttered
Some things are hard to handle

xdip

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DR DIP All rights reserved.
DR DIP has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.