General Poetry posted July 17, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Funny vet story

Ding-A-Ling the Dog

by Roxanna Andrews


I had a dog named Ding-A-Ling, real name.
Though some thought that was a shame.

The breeder was most upset,
Said, "That's a bad name for a purebred pet."

One day Ding got hit by a car,
She was running across the street but didn't get far.

Was the start of many visits to the vet.
Getting her there, a pain, she knew and would jet.

Getting her out of the car was an even bigger thrill,
She would not let go of the steering wheel.

People around thought it a treat
To watch the dog with the strong feet.

She wrapped her paws around the wheel.
She'd growl, yowl and squeal.

Trying to get her out, caused so much strife,
Had to call the Fire Department to bring the Jaws of Life.



 




This wasn't really my dog but my sister's roommates. My sister was dog sitting when Ding was hit by a car. The amazing thing about that is, she was visiting my folks who lived in a tiny town that had maybe a car an hour go by.

She had several visits to the vet and really would wrap her paws around the steering wheel when Connie took her for her check ups. The roommate was a school teacher and gone most of the summer so my sis was stuck with taking her to the vet. Connie had to fight with her every time, trying to pry her loose. People in the parking lot got a real kick out of it. Her name was Ding-A-Ling, the breeder was not happy.

Club entry for the "Funny Animals" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Roxanna Andrews All rights reserved.
Roxanna Andrews has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.