General Non-Fiction posted July 10, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I like it here.

Here's to Fan Story!

by damommy


Second place winner in FanStory Review contest.

What can I say about FanStory?  I have enjoyed being on here more than I can say.  Since I’m not a prose writer, this may be a rambling of my feelings, but here goes.

The one thing that makes no sense to me is forums that don’t apply to writing.  Religion and politics simply serve to alienate people, cause hurt feelings, and end friendships.  Do we really need this?  Isn’t there enough turmoil in the world without adding to it here?

Another thing.  Having to write a certain amount of characters in a review is a lot of trouble.  On short poems, the review is longer than the poem.  There’s only so much one can say about a very short poem.

I spend many hours (too many) on FanStory, but it’s become a big part of my life.  I’ve met some wonderful people here who have become friends for a lifetime.  You all know who you are.

It’s impossible to please everyone all the time, but I think most of us are pleased most of the time.  The job of trying to cover everyone’s wants and fielding opinions must be a tremendous one for Tom Ens.  I think he handles it very well.

When all’s said and done, I know we’ll all still be here, despite the things we may quarrel with, because, overall, this site works very well.

In the two and one-half years I’ve been here, I know I have improved.  It’s all due to meaningful critiques received and classes taken.  I’ll never be a poet laureate, but I can see I’ve grown since joining FS.

I’ve been fortunate in not receiving any really hateful reviews.  Everyone is so gracious and kind, and I appreciate that very much.  I’m thankful to anyone who takes the time to read and review my work.  All input is valuable.

It doesn’t matter what your ratings/rankings are.  What matters is that we learn and grow, and have fun and make friends along the way.

So, FanStory, long may you reign.  I think it’s a great place to be.




Fanstory Review contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.