General Non-Fiction posted March 29, 2018 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Introducing the problem

A chapter in the book Shaking the Family Tree

Shaking the Family Tree

by DALLAS01

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
This book is dedicated to anyone out there who thinks that they may be suffering from alcohol or drug addiction. Be it huffed, puffed, snorted, injected, popped or ingested. It is a thief that will take away all of your hopes, your dreams, and perhaps, even your life. Your friends, family, and all of your relationships will suffer, often in silence, as they ride that elevator down with you, to your bottom.
Our stories may not be exactly alike. Our drinking and using patterns may vary. But the most damaging thread that weaves all of our fabric into a shared tapestry is a three syllable word: Denial. It is the blindfold that we wear to our own execution.



Earned A Seal Of Quality


I will be choosing excerpts from shaking the Family Tree. It is a personal memoir/poetry offering that looks at the genetic predisposition for addiction. It follows my personal journey from addiction to recovery and was written for those who can relate, and those who may be questioning their own, or a loved one's, circumstances.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.