General Fiction posted February 4, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The night the silence screamed.

Hush

by DALLAS01

A blanket of silence shrouded the fear infested forest. The weight of it sent shivers up the gnarly trunks of steadfast sentinels, causing their branches to shimmy and shake hysterically as crisp fall leaves were ripped from their grasp, plummeting to the ground without so much as a murmur. Grotesque shadows shifted in and out of the dimming light as dusk fell in shades of evil. All signs of life had become muted as they were being swallowed up by the gaping sink- holes created by the rhythmic vibrations that seemed to emanate from the spinning disc that hovered above.



scare me writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Scare me in 100 words; give or take one. In an opening paragraph, employ the senses of sight and sound or the lack thereof, to paint your picture. No music or graphics. Artwork ok.



Thanks to bd shutterspeed for the eerie artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.