Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 31, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
His own worst enemy...

An Ensuing Undoing?

by Ogden

A Free Verse Poem
on My Pet Peeve Person

Promising policies Orwellian,
Transparently Machiavellian,
The race-baiting chameleon cries "Bigot!"
Hypocrisy oozes from every perfidious pore,
Ignoring incessantly what he knows he swore before.
The former slumlord preying on blacks,
Knows well his attacks lack a lick of facts.
To deflect attention from his shameless inventions,
He changed his famed statements of racist intentions.
If he believes, self -deceived, we buy his bombasticbraggadocios,
It just goes to show how little this egomaniac knows.
Americans are savvier than he counts on them being.
Followers fleeing, retreating, conceding, no longer believing,
Ruthlessness, truthlessness, and now, Right-Alt* wooing may soon be his comeuppance undoing.

Amen!




Pet Peeves ? 300-words-max writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Pet Peeves; 300-words-max

Write in any prose or poetry form what your pet peeves are.

I limit the word count to 300 so Fan Story readers will read it, and all entries will be accepted so the purse is worth competing for ... $90

Think LACONIC.


*Right-Alt: A patchwork of Internet entities including, among others less extreme, immigration critics, "race realists" (basically, racists and anti-semites), "neo-reactionaries" (who argue against democracy and human rights) and anti-feminists, including some "Men's Rights" advocates, and extreme libertarians.

FYI: Trump University - Founded in 2004, through his now defunct "university," Donald Trump promised enrollees in the school "world-class success" (but no college credits or degrees) for a tuition of up to $35,000. Instead of classes, workshops were held in cafeterias, where "students" were introduced to Trump products that purportedly would be the source of their future wealth. Trump is charged with fraud, and is facing a lawsuit.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ogden All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ogden has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.