General Fiction posted May 24, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Bear, a Rabbit, and a Squirrel enjoy a perfect day

Friendship's Picnic

by BermyBye50

Rhyming Tale Contest Winner 

 

In a lush, tropical paradise so grand, a Bear cub, a Rabbit, and a Squirrel made a plan. The idea came to them one sunny morning when the ocean breeze rustled through the rustling palm trees and scents of exotic flowers filled the air.

Bear, the largest and most gentle of the trio, said, "Let's have a picnic it's a perfect day. I know the perfect spot to have it by the way.” “It’s near the lagoon’s crystal clear shimmering shore." His deep voice was calm, reassuring both Rabbit and Squirrel who couldn't ask for more.

Rabbit, always the enthusiastic planner, hopped up and down excitedly with delight. “I'll bring my famous carrot sandwiches.  And some fresh fruit exactly right.”  “Oh, yes! He said with glee, it’ll be a treat,  a special feast for us three.” A perfect picnic it is sure to be."

Squirrel, the smallest of the three, curious and full of cheer, and ever so spry, chattered with delight. "I'll gather some nuts and berries from the trees nearby. And maybe we can find some coconuts too if luck’s on our side!" ”This picnic will be delightful near the waterside."

Together, they set off through the vibrant forest trees. Bear carried a large blanket and the picnic basket, filled with goodies to please. Rabbit skipped ahead, scouting for the best path, as they made their way, while Squirrel darted from tree to tree, collecting treats as it was Bear’s birthday.

As they walked, they talked about the many wonders grand, their island home did hold. Bear said he once saw a rainbow in colorful hues bright and bold, that touched both the sea and the sand.
 

While Rabbit reminisced about a day she danced in a shower of blossoms falling like rain. As Squirrel chattered about his latest discovery of a hidden grove filled with the sweetest berries hidden along a bountiful lane.

When they reached the lagoon, they were awestruck by a view profound. The water was in shimmering turquoise and the sandy shore was dotted with seashells all around.

Bear picked a perfect spot for the picnic under the bright blue sky, from the heat of the sun on high, spreading out the blanket beneath a palm tree with long fan-shaped umbrella-like fronds offering shade, where they sat upon the blanket to eat the picnic feast they had laid.

As they ate, they shared stories and dreams. Bear spoke of exploring the island’s bountiful rivers and streams. Rabbit spoke of his dream of planting a garden to keep, filled with every vegetable imaginable, each night he fell asleep. As Squirrel imagined building the perfect drey high in the canopy of the tallest tree where he would have a panoramic view of the entire island and the sea.

After their meal, they rested with ease listening to the soft rustle of the palm fronds and the calls of tropical birds songs on the breeze.

Bear looked at his friends and said, "It's not just the food that makes this picnic special, but the company we keep with those we revere. But also the blessings we receive here on our island home we hold dear."

Rabbit nodded, in agreement, her eyes shining bright, saying "Being together makes everything feel just right." As Squirrel, perched on a branch above, he looked down on his friends whom he thought the world of  chirping with glee, “Adventures and friendship surely are the key!”

And with full bellies and happy hearts forever bright, they laid back and watched the clouds drift by out of sight, as they lay for a while, on their tropical isle, enjoying their picnic,  each having a happy contented smile.



Writing Prompt
Write a rhyming story about a bear, a rabbit and a squirrel going on a picnic.

Rhyming Tale
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BermyBye50 All rights reserved.
BermyBye50 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.