Spiritual Poetry posted August 13, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Can be confusing for some

The Holy Trinity

by damommy

I’m always hesitant to voice any opinion or belief when it comes to religion for fear of offending or being considered ignorant of the Bible.  However, the Holy Trinity brings a lot to mind.

It’s always been hard for me to think of God as three separate beings and at the same time, one.  That’s what comes from a human mind.  There are so many things we don’t understand, and I’ve never been sure that we need to understand.  We simply need to believe.

Since we believe the Word was Jesus, and the Word was God, that seems to support the idea of one entity with three parts.  The Word came down from Heaven and dwelt among us.

I think of the three as separate beings, but I see they do form a trinity.  See, I just can’t come to terms with it at all.  But does it matter?  Isn’t the belief in Them, whether separately or united, is what is important? 

You might find it interesting that the Trinity is not mentioned in the Bible.  Jesus spoke of being God’s son and being of one with the Father, and the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father and Himself.  But He never mentioned a trinity.  I don’t know about you, but that just confuses me more.

We have the idea that we need to understand all things.   Not so.  I think some mysteries God doesn’t intend for us to know until we’re home with Him.




Recognized


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it.

The Word is Jesus as described in verse 14, And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.


Club entry for the "The Trinity" event in "God in Your Life".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.