General Non-Fiction posted January 22, 2022 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Don't be fooled by that innocent face.

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Cat Tales

by damommy










 






 
There’s seldom the need to scold any of my cats, but today, there was a need.  Foster was being particularly pesky to his siblings.
 
Sitting where I was at the time, I could see from the living room, through the dining room, and into the kitchen.  I could see what he was doing.  About halfway between Foster and me, Dilly and Dart were watching the whole thing.
 
When I scolded Foster, Dilly and Dart looked at him to see how he received the scolding.   When he ignored me, they looked at me to see what I was going to do.  I spoke again to Foster who continued to ignore me, and again, Dilly and Dart looked at him and then at me. 
 
They knew he was in trouble and were waiting to see what happened.  Having cats is a bit like having children.
 
I’ve learned Foster has selective hearing.
 
                                 ∞∞∞∞
 
At bedtime, everyone runs down the hall to the bedroom to get their choice spot.  Me, included, but they run faster than I can.
 
Heaven forbid I should get up during the night.  I come back to find someone in my spot, and this begins the nightly ritual of shoving everybody over to get some space for myself.  This happens every time I abandon my spot.  I tell them repeatedly that this is my bed to no avail.
 
When I head to the bathroom, I have an entourage.  Shutting the door does no good.  One of them, I don’t know which, can jiggle to door knob until it unlatches.  It does no good to remind them that I don’t go to their toilet with them. 
 
I had to get a clear shower curtain because they couldn’t see me.  Now, they can perch between the outer curtain and the clear one, and they like that.
 
                                   ∞∞∞∞
 
Having several cats, I could write volumes, but I’ll stop for now.  Thank goodness, I have a big house!  It gives them plenty of room to get up to their antics and keep me entertained.

 



Recognized


I hope you enjoy these antics. I may write more if you do.



Club entry for the "Funny or Awkward Incidents" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.