Biographical Non-Fiction posted November 2, 2021 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Animal Crackers Club

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Dilly

by damommy


The day I met Dilly, it was pouring rain so hard it felt like bb’s hitting my skin, but I had to go out.  I’d seen this tiny, tiny kitten on my deck, scared out of her wits.  When I went to pick her up, she bolted into some thick, high monkey grass.
 
The way the water was already pooling in flash flooding, I knew she’d drown if I couldn’t find her.  By now, I’m drenched to the bone, and can hardly see for the rain in my face.  It took a while to find her.
 
At first, I thought she was blind, but when I got her inside, I saw her eyes were matted shut.  After cleaning them up, she was certainly sighted, and a lovely little long-haired calico with some of the prettiest markings I’d ever seen.
 
She proved to be very brave, not a bit afraid of the larger cats in the house, and was soon running around as though she was as big as they were.  Everyone adored her, and Yoda, who we’ve since lost, became her nanny, or manny, or canny, whatever. 
 
Her name was fitting because she was truly a dilly of a cat.  I say she’s two cats.  Her face is divided down the middle, black on one side, orange and white on the other, and she has the cutest expression.
 
She very cuddly and loving, but she still runs with the big guys, giving as good as she gets in a wrestling match. 
 
I’ve been blessed with this little girl.

 
 



Recognized


Dilly being cuddled by Yoda.



Club entry for the "First meetings" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.