General Fiction posted August 31, 2021 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
If we were humans . . .

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Heaven Forbid!

by damommy


Black – PC
Red – Endeavour
Blue - Foster
 
Wait a minute, wait a minute, will you?  Settle down, and let’s decide this like the mature cats we are.
 
The question is what would we be like if we were humans.  Perish the thought, but come on, we have to help damommy out here.
 
I see myself in smoking jacket, sitting by the fire with a full pipe and good book, occasionally looking up as I ponder the intricacies of life.
 
Oh, for Pete’s sake, PC, you’re so full of yourself.  Let me take a turn at this. 
 
I’d be a detective like my namesake, Inspector Morse, because, as we all know, I can’t keep my nose out of anything, and I never miss a thing about what’s going on in this house.

 
That’s true, Endeavour, you’d make a great detective.  We could call you Furlock Holmes, and Foster can be your Catkins.  What a team you’d make.  I already have an idea for your business cards.
 
Hang on, PC.  You’ve gone off into the realm of imagination again.  There’s no way we’ll ever be humans.  This is just something fun to think about.  I certainly don’t want to be human with all their worries.  Taxes, bills, inflation, food, shelter, worry, worry, worry.  We have everything given to us and don’t have a care in the world.  Well, maybe, who’s going to get the spot next to damommy first. 
 
You’re so right, E.   I was thinking about the others, too.  Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod, along with Dart, could form a barbershop quartet.  You know how loud Blinkin can be, he could be lead singer.  I can see them now in their straw boater hats and sleeve garters.
 
Dilly could be their agent, and Amos and Andy their back-up singers.  Tucker could be their PR lady.  I’ve got it all figured out.
 
Give it up, PC.  You’re running off again and leaving reality behind.  Let’s just take a nap before we think about this anymore.  I think you’ve overheated your brain!
 
That’s it.  Lie down there and rest a while.  You got too excited there for a minute. 
 
Hey, guys, I heard you talking.  What’s goin’ on?
 
(in unison)
Nothing!
Nothing!
 

 
 
 



Recognized

Club entry for the "Your pet" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.