General Fiction posted August 19, 2021 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Animal Crackers Club

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Fun at My House

by damommy














 
There are two things that I think are funny that I want to share with you.
 
As you know, PC frequently gets locked in the pantry.  It’s dark under the bottom shelf, and if his eyes aren’t showing, I don’t see him.  I think he does it deliberately.
 
The funny part is all the cat treats are in there.  They’re in a container with a wide, hard plastic band around the lid that I have to take a knife to and wheedle it under there to cut it.  Then, under the lid, there’s another plastic seal across the mouth of the jar.  PC got all that off!  I don’t know how he did it, because he certainly didn’t have a knife in there with him.  I think from now on, I’ll give him the jar to open for me.
 
The second thing happened today.  It was time for his bi-weekly shot, and somehow, he knows it when we first get up in the morning.  We were supposed to go Monday, but he avoided me all day in such ways that I couldn’t get him.  I don’t know how he knows, because I conduct myself like any other day, but I think the little guy has a calendar stashed somewhere that he keeps track.
 
Anyway, I finally tricked him into the bathroom with a treat.  When I went to pick him up, I fell over with my hand still on him.  You should have seen us trying to get up.  I was holding onto him, trying to pull up on the sink, he had his paws on the sink, looking like he was trying to help (sure.)  We finally made it and got to the vet in time. 
 
After losing weight for the last few months, he is finally up to his normal weight.  Hurray!  I was surprised because I haven’t been able to get him to take his prednisone for two weeks.
 
This morning when I went outside, I had quite a surprise.  I kept hearing some faint cries, and finally determined they came from my deck roof.  There were four baby kittens up there!  I don’t how long they’d been up there, but it rained on them this morning.  I had to call a friend to come over, but by the time he got here, they were down.  We guessed they fell off, but are okay.
 
Never a dull moment at this house.  Thanks for reading.

 



Recognized

Club entry for the "Something funny" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.