Writing Non-Fiction posted September 30, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Stories and poems abound if you know where to look.

Pen to Paper

by HarryT


I'm sometimes asked where I get my ideas for stories and poems. I have thought about this question and my answer is that I try to relax and walk through my “past-scape,” hand in hand with my muse. As I'm remembering, she points out happenings that I might use in stories or poems. I amble through old neighborhoods, school times, teammates and girlfriends long in the past. Leap into adulthood, recalling the joys and failures of my professional experiences teaching, administrative leadership and college professorship too. Marriages and children are also grist for the consideration mill. Stories of children’s growth and accomplishments lend themselves proudly to paper and pen.
 
Oh, my muse also points out things I have buried, you know the bad times of love, relationship failures and divorce that touched heart and soul.  As my muse says often, “All you have to do is wander about in the surrounds of your mindscape, select an event, augment with a touch of imagination, put pen to paper and begin. Of course, the idea and the first draft is only the beginning, proofreading and rewriting are needed too. And finally, be sure that your stories and poems are written from deep within your heart.
 



Writing writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay with the topic of "writing". Can be instructional or a character in the story can be a writer. Creative approaches welcomed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.