Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted September 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Violence and destruction does not solve problems.

My Heart Cried Out

by HarryT


Leaping fire reflected on the shattered library windows. Swirling from inside came a soul searing scream. Were people trapped? I moved closer to see if I could help.

To my sorrow, I witnessed shadows of dancing devil inspired people, pulling books from the shelves, and throwing them onto a blazing bonfire. My love of books and of the fear of losing the library flushed a fury of burning tears into my eyes.

Even though, I knew the destruction caused by these rioters resulted from their lingering rage and feelings of neglect; never-the-less my heart cried out, “Stop, please stop.” Of course, I knew I wouldn’t be heeded. I could only pray, that someday those with justified protests realize that destruction will only reap more hatred and will not aid in solving the problems of lack of hope and growing dismay engendered by years of systemic racism.

 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: fire, devil, scream, heart, love.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.