Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 15, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a farse

Bomby

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

"Wake up! Wake up! We are running out of time!"
Screaming I jumped out of the bed letting the crystal globe out of my hand. It fell straight to the floor, and it didn't break? Wait! "Globe? What is this thing doing in my bed?"

Then I remembered: the previous day I went to see a fortune teller. I knew, I was a bad girl, but what can I do? I needed to know if I am going to pass my exam or not! "Okay, okay, I would see a priest and confess my heresy."

I started to walk back and forth looking at the globe. "Oh, man, who talks to a globe, nowadays? Apparently is me. Let's see, I went to see Clara, the fortune teller and she... told me that today is my last day to do something that I don't even remember!

Wait a minute! The globe might hold the key. I went back to the floor and started to search for an answer. Bored I started to spin the globe around my wrist. Suddenly, I remember. Damn it! This globe is a freaking bomb! Oh, no! The clock started to tick and tock in my head, and I had a maximum of five minutes to skip or sleep "the bomb" somewhere. Without thinking too much, I took the bomb and put it inside my backpack. I had to save the others, so I run outside trying to find a safe space to dispose of that devilish object.

Would I be willing to sacrifice my life for my neighbors? What about my parents? They will understand: I always put the lives of other above my own. So, no surprises there! Probably they will never know, they will think I just disappeared. One day I will show up ... as a ghost?
Now, I remember: Clara told me that it's my duty as an incognito Guardian Angel to save all the people from my building. So here I am trying my best to put aside my fears and play the unknown hero. Man, how much I hate this word, it's so overused. "Ok, fine, Ms. Bomb I will be your escort for tonight. Would you like to take a dive in the river, pretty please?"
I am honestly running out of safe and unpopulated places. I guess I have to jump with Ms. Bomb in river.

Thank you mother, for the life you gave me. Thank you, father for your blessings and precious advice. I am so sorry my dear sister, I have not been the best one and I never was there for you.. . distance and all!

"Oh, man, I am so pathetic! Either I am a courageous warrior of God, or a pussycat? People are dying every day, so one, death to add to the pile will not matter, right? So come on, Bomby, the show must go on! Are you ready for the big jump?"

Sorry, is not Cancun, but I think our dirty river will do. I run and jumped. The water was so cold! I close my eyes waiting for Bomby to throw up her anger in an explosive scream. Surprise, nothing happened. I decided that this is a sign for me to abandon the backpack and just go home.

I dumped the backpack in the deepest part of the river and skimmed back to the shore. I barely touched the sand and I heard an explosion. I guess, God gave me a second chance. My mission was to escort Bomby safely to the river. Exhausted and emotionally drained I drugged myself back home. I jumped out of my wet clothes and went back to sleep.

As I was sleeping I heard again: "Wake up! Wake up! We are running out of time!"
Angry I stand up and I screamed: "What the fuck! Not again!"



My Last Day writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story based on what you would do if you woke up in the morning and knew it was your last day on earth. You can tell the reader how you know (i.e. a knowledge of future events, a forecast by a gypsy... whatever you want to come up with.) Would you tell the people in your life? Would you try to do good things?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.