General Poetry posted September 13, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Treza sonnet, the love within me.

The Power of the Heart

by poetwatch

To feel my love, first, you must take your hand
and place it on my heart to feel its power.
It'll stir your soul like endless waves to land.

With an eternal jolt, you'll grow and flower
as soul and spirit come to me to please.
Your soul shall see the sunrise change the hour

and taste the spirit of the morning breeze.
The music in the air will spark a fire;
the clouds will bring relief upon release.

A smothered earth still smoking with desire,
a land enriched with love shall always be
an angel singing bliss within a choir

so heavenly and beautiful to see.
That's the power, my Lord, has granted me.




Originally,terza rimas were written in eleven syllable lines (hendecasyllable), however any meter can be used as long as it is consistent throughout. Most written in English, are done using iambic lines, with either pentameter or tetrameter being the most common.
Information from The Society of Classic Poets.
By Dusty Grein

This took me a couple of days to write. I don't know if it's right. Line 2 and 4 have female endings (I think) and they are 11 syllables.
I believe every poet has it in them. To make a person smile and to bring joy to a sad day are just some of the things we can do. I hope I have your smile, for this is what I can do. :)

Club entry for the "Terza Rima" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.