Self Improvement Non-Fiction posted August 19, 2020 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
miracles

A chapter in the book Wisdom

Wisdom 16

by Iza Deleanu


2019 a year that I lost so much and gained ... so much. Life left me for a while, and then came back, stronger. My dad was fighting a bad cancer since 2016. I know, please bear with me, I promise this will not be another sad cancer story... I know there's nothing new under the sun, but when it hits home, it feels like the end of the world. Around the same time, my baby cat, Pisa, got sick too. They both fought to be with selfish me into the last moments.

I am not going to focus on the negative, but on what happened after. The best gift that God can offer you it's a pair of kitties, after your beloved ragdoll passed away. I think this was a miracle. Those babies come into my life virtually on September, before my girl and dad decided to move to a happier place.

Coincidence or not, on that day I decided to browse my Facebook page. One of my teachers that is a foster mom for cats, posted an announcement to find this cat that ran away. She was pregnant and was supposed to have the babies in a week. The neighbours organized a search party, and she put cameras everywhere in the neighborhood. After one week, one of the cameras caught her getting under a porch. There she was with two babies one week old. They had to tear that porch apart so they can get the mommy and the babies back to safety.

God knows how much I prayed for those babies to be safe. Don't get me wrong. I loved my Pisa and I wanted her to be with me forever... but there where signs that she couldn't stay with me as planned. The moment I saw those tigers my heart skipped a beat and I had an instant virtual connection. I was watching all the posts about them with huge interest, and secretly I was hoping to convince my husband to take those kids too.

On October 18, 2019, my dad passed away. I was devastated, but again, there was a little miracle. God helped me to find a ticket for the next day and allowed me to see him before they put him in the ground. The moment I saw him, I felt again God's blessing. My dad seemed to be asleep and content that I was there. He started to smile. Don't ask me how, but everybody noticed that.

I returned to Canada, and Pisa did everything she could to be by my side, until one day she couldn't. I was in school taking a night class, when my husband called me to tell me that she was very sick and couldn't eat anymore. I asked him to take her to the vet. I hoped until the last moment that a miracle would happen. But the same way, as with my dad, God had a different plan. They both suffered so much for the past years that decided to take her too. It was 15, November 2019, I felt like I died too.

Initially I said that I don't want another cat, and obviously I couldn't have another dad! Then I felt that God wants me to save those two brothers. So, I called and applied for their adoption. In two weeks, they become part of my family. My friend, when a door is closed, God opens a new one just to show you his immense love and support.

The Wisdom of the day: in your worst hour, remember Jesus. He prayed and gave his lives for us, and I know for sure that will never let us sink. All we must do is trust His hand and come back to life. There are lots of pages in your book that await to be filled with new adventures. My fake Bengalis are filling this chapter of my life with joy and hope. As I slowly grow older, my spirit gets younger and wants to conquer new worlds. Just make the sign of cross, and jump; adventure ahead, my kitties!



Share Your Story contest entry


The collage of pictures are taken by me: my Bengali, Pisa and the adventure that awaits:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.