Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted August 18, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the water realm

Diving

by Iza Deleanu


I always was afraid to swim under water. At that time, I had no swimming goggles, so I didn't dare to open my eyes under.

It was in 1998, a very cold winter, when I learnt by mistake the great art of 'sinking' or what is reffered to today as diving. On that day, I decided to go from my University assignment straight to the swimming pool in downtown. I wanted to practice some new"'deadly styles" under my own supervision.

As I turned one more time on the lane, I hit my leg and started to sink. I opened my eyes and my mouth, and in my panic, I kicked in the drowning zone. In that moment, my entire life went in front of my eyes. What a stupid way to die! Then I realized that I was at the edge of the swimming pool, so all I had to do was to stand up.

So, there I was, coughing and getting the water out from my eyes and lungs. I knew it was so stupid, to drown in a half of meter of water because of a panic attack. That was the day when I fell in love with the water realm, and thanks to the goggles, I was able to see its beauty.



True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.