General Fiction posted August 8, 2020 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The great expectations

A chapter in the book Wisdom

Wisdom 11

by Iza Deleanu


I know I'm not a Saint, but sometimes I just wish to stop living for others and just live for me.

We get into this life with no expectation and the moment we stepped out from our mother's womb, people start pilling expectations on our shoulders.

The parents want us extra smart, so every penny they get invest in our private education. They give us the best and expect the same when the rate of returns come.

The grandparents expect you to do everything that their kids never accomplished, so you have to repay the debt.

The teachers want you to go to all these international contests and as every subject.

Then if you get a girlfriend or boyfriend, they expect you to treat them as Prince or Princess, to execute every whim with no question asked.

Then you get married and you are expected to execute everything without complaining.

The kids grow up, leaves the best, and you end up sick and forgotten. You expect nothing. Nobody has time for you, you have nothing to offer. You are left like a broken shell by the road. You have nothing left to offer. You close your eyes and think: now I can live for myself, finally!

Death knocks at your door: " you are a too late friend. You are expected upstairs."

Crying you protest:" I live my life for others, I try to fulfill all the expectations, except my own. I am sharing this with my dear reader because I want to know this: Please, stop living your life for others and live for yourself for once! You will be more appreciated, trust me."


Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by bham at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.