General Script posted August 1, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a scene with Matt and Jiffy

Interview with Matt and Jiffy 2

by Bill Schott


Characters:
Matt Tell = young man with a superior intellect
Jiffy Gel = Matt's sarcastic friend
Scaroll = automaton with a talk show


The scene continues with Matt and Jiffy standing on the guest couch while the host, Scaroll, sits behind the interview desk.  The large boa constrictor lay on the floor, parallel to the desk and perpendicular to the couch.  The two men are in an agitated state in comparison the host's calm appearance.

Scaroll: (speaking to the camera) Welcome back viewers to today's ongoing inquisition with Matthew DuTell and Jifferson Gelatin.

Matt: We don't go by those names, Mr. Scaroll; and what is the purpose of this snake?

Jiffy: I'm a Jiffy, Scar-hole, not a Jifferson.  What's that lump in the middle of that anaconda?

Matt: We are both a bit scared of your serpent and full of questions about this entire interview.

Jiffy: Your head's wrong, Skeeter. That python is wronger.

Scaroll: It is not my intention to answer questions, Gentlemen. I will inform you, for the edification of the audience, that what slithers before you is neither a python nor anaconda, but a boa constrictor. He is relatively harmless, especially since my neighbor's dog defecated in his rat bowl. He who defecates shall be defecated.

Matt: So that lump is the neighbor's dog? That's horrible!

Jiffy: Yeah! Cool, but bad form, dude. I mean- (chuckle) - I guess the lesson there is 'Don't crap where you're eaten.'  Ha ha ha ha ha

Scaroll: Yes, amusing. I am delighted to see your fears assuaged.

Matt: I am still highly concerned with this entire affair.

Jiffy: The snake is different, for sure. Still, highly concerned with this - whatever.

Scaroll: Shall we resume? Yes. Why are you not in the Army any longer?

Matt: Truth be told, I heard that we were put on the back burner along with the novel,  Assassin Nation.  Seems that 'Attack of the 50 States' is supposed to be the new priority. 

Jiffy: We're chopped liver.

Scaroll: My snake enjoys liver pâté.

Matt: Nice to know.

Jiffy: It's just an expression.

Scaroll: Oh, yes, he will definitely express it, eventually. You were saying?



Matt:  Right. Well, it seems that we were under-performing with the critics, so now we're doing the talk show circuit.

Jiffy: We'd be on Hollywood Squares if that was still on.

Scaroll: I recall perusing 'Assassin Nation' while going through the Master's oatmeal tube file.

Matt: I'm afraid I don't follow.

Jiffy: (
to Matt) Don't follow, dude. He's nuttier than a Payday bar.

Scaroll: 
Assassin Nation has the President's assistant investigating the disappearance of the Chief of Staff, while also murdering the President. Her investigator reviews the happenings of the prior story, which was the story line of Baker's Dozen, and eventually sees a huge cover-up and ongoing plot to send assassins around the world. The assistant and investigator work both together and against each other as the story rolls out.

Matt: I see why it would be kept in an oatmeal tube.

Jiffy: Yeah, that plot is super stupid, or I am.

Scaroll: Certainly, one or the other.

Matt: So, we have no control of being in the Army. My guess is we'll likely fade into the sunset while Pons and Ned regroup and return.

Jiffy: Really, Matt? You think we're done?

Scaroll: It looks as though the neighbor's dog is being ushered to the exit, so to speak.

Matt: Well, I don't plan on taking its place.

Jiffy: I'm outta here.

Scaroll: Indeed.






 




Matt and Jiffy are going into the vault for awhile until I have a good use for them.

Scaroll as well is destined for the shelf.

I hope to pull Assassin Nation out of the oatmeal tube and see if I can bring it to a conclusion.

If you can't follow any of these references it doesn't matter.

Image from i-mockery.com form movie: Sssss.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.