Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 28, 2020 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Life choices

A chapter in the book Wisdom

Wisdom 7

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

Live every day as if it is the last. Now this is what I am trying to do. Yes, Sir! This is my new mantra. We live in doomsday and we need to rack our brains to find a meaning as we know it. I found mine: just live, damn it!

Today I went to the forbidden land, THE BEACH. I am confined in my province, and I am tired of doing my vacation on the balcony. I am not a canary. I convinced my friend to drive me to Pigeon Lake. I snuck out and told a white lie to my husband. Otherwise he will not let me leave the house; you know Coronella and all. I told him that I am spending my day with my friend going to Elk Island.

One of the biggest outbreaks after the reopening happened on one of the beaches of Sylvan Lake. Well, we went close to home: one hour drive to Ma-Me-Mo Beach. Yup, it was crowded and hard to park, but I said a little prayer and God found us a parking spot for the car and for us. Somehow, we manage to keep the distance from other people and have the best of all: we stayed in the shade but also close to the water.

I think my dad will be proud of me. I kept my word: I lived the moment and even dared to swim in the cold water. The moral of the story: dare to live and fulfill a promise.




From Wikipedia: Ma-Me-Mo Beach it's Cree words for "place of many shore birds". Ma-Me-O Beach, Alberta, is a summer village located on the southeast shore of Pigeon Lake, in Alberta, Canada. It is located approximately 100 km southwest of Edmonton.
I took the picture myself, I think this place is my corner of Paradise nowadays.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.