General Fiction posted July 27, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a dialogue-only story

A Moment with Scaroll and Horace

by Bill Schott



Greetings, Scaroll. What were you doing in the closet?

I was perusing the Master's collection of unfinished works.

Unfinished? I was not aware there were  unpublished writings still here.

This re-tasked oatmeal tube contains his work.

Exhilarating! Have you read many?

No. There is not sufficient lighting in there to actually read.

We have time before Kana Kana Kankakan if you would like to read a few.

Very good. Here is an unpublished story called
Pale Sisters.

I know this one: There once were two girls with two buckets...

No, Horace, it is not a limerick about pails. It is a novella.

So it is either a lazy novel or an ambitious short story.

Something like that. Let me read it.

That took a couple of seconds longer than usual. Are you feeling okay?

Yes, thank you. I had to re-write several scenes in my mind to have the general storyline make sense to me.

Really? What was the story about?

A woman is assaulted, becomes widowed, bears a child, is assaulted again, arrested for murder, bears a second child, meets a woman in prison who becomes a friend, and dies. The second woman is assaulted, released from prison, bears a child, and then disappears. 
The three children of the two women are raised by the aunt of the first woman, who is found responsible for all the assaults and a few killings. The end.

Well, it makes little sense hearing it, but explains its oatmeal container filing.


Do you hear that?

It is the hurdygurdy winding up for 
Kana Kana Kankakan.

I will place these stories back, get my boa constrictor, and meet you by the mine field.

Right. I will bring what is left of my goat eye collection. 


Remember the sauce.

Of course. The Master will not eat them without the sauce.

Who would?

Good point. 










 



Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


This will likely find a place in the oatmeal tube.

Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.