Family Non-Fiction posted July 21, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How some parts of our lives are with sharing

My Life Story

by lynglyng

The first thing I heard when I went to my first writing conference, is no one wants to hear your life story. I remember my writing pal looking at me the instant that statement came out of the speakers voice. We had been planning and even had started writing our life stories. Well, maybe no one wants to hear your whole life story, but I think a few snip-its will be worth reading about.

When I was twelve my father cranked up the riding lawn mower and said to me, "alright, have at it."

My mother came to the screen door yelling, "No, she's not ready!"

Daddy screamed back, "she'll be fine."

I will be honest, I was scared. I started off slowly cutting a few rows, then I decided to go up a little hill between a creek and our next door neighbor's house. The lawn mower stalled halfway up th hill. I got off to push it along. It took off and cut through our neighbor, Ms. Salley's prized rose garden then headed for another bed of flowers in her front yard. I ran along and caught the steering wheel while running along beside the lawn mower. I got it turned around but this time it was headed down hill straight for the creek.

All I could think was this is the end of me and the mower. I was at the very edge of the creek when two long, strong arms reached over and grabbed the steering wheel. It was my father. He took complete control and saved me.

That's my life. My Heavenly Father is always there now to rescue me right on time like my earthly father was when I was a child. I have many of these moments. Moments that I refer to as 'Lucy Moments.' I am not sure that I agree with that speaker about no one wanting to hear your life story. I think we all have a story that's worth telling and I have few moments in my life that take the cake.



This Is My Life! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem, short piece of fiction, or an essay about your philosophy of life. No more than 1000 words.


Thank you to the artist Comehome for allowing me to use your beautiful picture!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lynglyng All rights reserved.
lynglyng has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.