Supernatural Fiction posted July 14, 2020 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A chapter of Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book THE CURSE

The Fury's Wraith

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.



Background
Thanks for taking the time to read my chapter. It's a rewrite, so if you catch mistakes, please let me know. Stay safe & enjoy!
The bristly hairs on Drakon’s back rose as he peered down at the lower level of the bar. His ears flattened against his massive head and a deep growl rumbled inside his chest.

When Apollyon heard him, he looked up snarled his top lip. “What are you waiting for,” he said, deliberately baiting Drakon.

A muscle ticked in Drakon’s jaw. In a split second, he leaped a good twenty feet across the room and landed on the stair railing. Using the strength of his hind legs, he sprang forward... directly at Apollyon.

At the same time, Apollyon launched himself upward and pummeled Drakon in midair. The powerful blow sent Drakon flying across the room and head-on into a wall.

His comrades at arms watched helplessly as Drakon’s body went limp and dropped to the floor.

As Apollyon closed in on Drakon, Casey’s panther lunged forward at the speed of a blur. When the giant cat hit him from behind, it sent Apollyon sprawling across the floor.

In his weakened state, Drakon managed to push himself up. When he lifted his head, he looked into the lavender eyes of the enormous panther to whom he now owed his life. 

Apollyon finally rolled to his knees and got to his feet. The smug look on his face dared the majestic animal to a challenge.

When the panther leaped toward Apollyon, Electra’s whip slashed into the air and wound tightly around the feline’s throat. As she tugged it back with all her strength, it snapped the animal’s neck like a twig. 

Electra’s cruel face had no remorse when Casey’s panther dropped to the floor.  

Kyle was ready to kill. When he looked to Nathan, they locked eyes. As Nathan’s Breedline wolf gave him a subtle nod, Kyle glared in silent understanding.

They attacked Electra with such ferocity, she felt like she’d been hit by semi-truck. The blunt force knocked her completely off balance, and she went down like a ton of bricks.

Electra’s expression told them without words that she was pissed as the two hulking wolves stared down at her.

Out of nowhere, the air around Electra warped, as if her anger were the source of her power. Without warning, an electrical current exploded from her body and blasted into the two Breedline wolves. The surging shock waves struck them with full force, sending them tumbling several feet away. 

“Open fire,” the colonel shouted.       
      
His team opened fire, as did the others, even though they knew it would take more than the power of an M60 to take down the Fury. 

Ready to serve up another round of payback, Jem palmed up a fireball the shape of a sphere and sent it rolling right at Electra.

Unfortunately, Callisto’s shield kept everything from making contact.

Jem’s throat tightened, and despair washed over him. His face maintained a brave front, but inside he felt powerless.  
 
When the flames of Jem’s explosive ball of fire dissipated, Electra’s eyes flashed brightly. A smirk lifted the corners of her lips as she rose to her feet and raised a crackling whip.

At the top level of the bar, Sebastian’s eyes widened as he looked down at the carnage below. He shouted a warning as Electra brought down the lash with a fury. But it was too late. Jem absorbed the blow, and the impact twisted his torso like a rope. He went with the force of the hit, pitching forward in agony. Gathering his strength, he quickly scanned his body, taking stock of his injuries. Nothing too deep, just some of the skin on his chest burned, but still intact.
   
For the first time, the Breedline found themselves fearing what the Fury was truly capable of ... and the outcome of their fate.

To be continued...

 

 




A reference to terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into wolf form if they are born an identical twin. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. The Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans. Although they live among humans, their species is secret. In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illness or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only way to kill a Breedline.
All male Breedlines change into their first wolf at the age of eighteen. Female Breedlines do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

THE BEAST - It is the second-born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into the Beast instead of the Breedline wolf. The Beast is also known as the Great White due to his white fur and enormous, two-footed stature. One bite from the Beast has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon, leaving the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

THERIOMORPH - They are born with the genes of a Breedline, but do not shift into a wolf. They shapeshift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. In some cases, the Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species who later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast, inherited by the Chiang-Shih demon. His bonded mate is Tessa Fairchild. He's an IT engineer and the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's identical twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon, which gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electrical energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He is a Theriomorph and lives in the California Covenant. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species and bonded to Cassie Chamberlain.

Nathan Gage (a.k.a. Nate) - He is a Breedline and the owner of several upscale night clubs in the largest metropolitan areas of Northern California.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with the genetics of a Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. After he kidnapped Sonya Hothburn for her genetics of a full-blooded succubus, he forced her into surrogacy. When the children were born, he forbid Sonya to see her children.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed and Eve's bonded mate. He has the power to summon a portal.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.