General Fiction posted July 8, 2020 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An ongoing adventure of a fairy.

A chapter in the book Ry's Sea Adventure

Trapping Tre

by aryr



Background
Ry's sea adventure continues. She is equally at home on land or in the sea. Fairies are adaptable.
Meanwhile, Tre was indeed up to no good. He had corralled the sea horses using the magik he had gained from the sea witch. He was quite proud of his herd. Several of the males had produced the young he had hoped for and a few more were just a short time from adding to the numbers. He would become rich, richer than he had ever dreamed. He would defeat Gabriel. He would become the new ruler and he would make sure that every female knew her place. He even had thoughts of controlling the sea hag, the witch would be handy to keep around.

He knew that he would have to return to the palace soon. He felt confident that the poison had worked. Gabriel would be no more. The rule of the sea would be his. He was so comfortable with himself that he felt there was no one left to challenge him. He would have it all.

Unfortunately, he did not realize that the poison had not worked and that the others were indeed aware of his plans and were putting things in motion to stop his endeavors.

Mergon contacted her brother for help. Her brother was older but definitely adored his little sister. When he arrived, she introduced him to both Gabriel and Ry. He was honored to be in their presence.

"I am Panchis." He bowed deeply before Gabriel, "How may I be of service?"

"We are so glad that you are here and willing to help. Ry, will explain the plan we have created to capture both of the monsters of the sea world. Mergon is lucky to have a brother such as you watching out for her."

Ry, quickly explained her plan. His part would be to become a game player with a group that Tre enjoyed gambling with. He would purposely lose. He would also be short of funds to cover Tre's winning and would then offer Ry as payment. She would become for the charade a homeless, hopeless but hard worker, who he had recently won in a different game. When Tre accepted, as they knew he would, Ry would be his faithful servant.

Panchis was clothed in garments that were above his status and adorned with complimentary jewels. Ry was dressed in drab colors and without her normal jewels. A leather collar was placed around her neck which was attached to a leash. Panchis could not apologize enough for this act of disrespect.

The plan also included two guards who were dressed down and would be present just in case it looked as if harm would befall either Ry or Panchis. The unusual couple hugged the King and departed.

Panchis was a responsible young male, who enjoyed his down time. He knew exactly where to find the games and the stakes involved. Before he was even dressed, he knew where they were going.

During the trip to the gathering site, he tugged on her leash. They had to make this trip and the plan as real as possible. He treated her as mean as he could, while his heart broke. She was his chattel.

He was granted access to the game without difficulty. The group was always eager to take advantage of 'new blood', as they liked to call them. He was led to a special room, all time, tugging and pulling on her leash. They explained the game rules to him, including the fact that if he lost and could not cover the cost, then the winner had the right to claim his pet, his chattel. To this he readily agreed.

At first, he won, just small amounts. Then he started losing, the trap was going as planned. Tre smiled as his greed increased. He would soon own this young male's chattel. He would own the young female. He couldn't decide, if he would have her work for him at his home or if he would send her to the sea witch and allow her to work her as she saw fit. Either way he had no plans to make her life easy.

It took several hands and almost three hours before he claimed his victory. He smiled as Panchis handed him the leash. Poor Panchis looked so heartbroken, which he was, knowing that Tre now had control of Ry.

Tre then decided that the game was over, he had played enough and gotten his prize. He was as happy as a closed clam, only he knew what his devious mind thought. How he hated females! How he wanted revenge on the woman who caused his hatred! How he wished his mother and his sisters were alive! He had killed them discreetly after his father had died. They had humiliated, belittled and teased him. They even shunned his aspirations. His uncles and their families lived in other communities. He had his freedom and his plan.

He tugged on the leash, by shortening it, he drew Ry closer to him. He leered down at her face. She was his.

Ry was smart enough to present just enough resistance and defiance to irritate and agitate him. She met his leer and provided one in return. This, of course, rewarded her with a cuff to the side of the head. She had established her lack of fear, which was her intent and goal.

Panchis looked on in horror, regarding Tre's treatment of Ry as did the two undercover guards. There was nothing the three of them could do. Ry was now in charge, even though Tre thought he was.





Please note that spelling is different, but correct for the story and me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.