General Fiction posted July 3, 2020 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ry's sea adventure continues

A chapter in the book Ry's Sea Adventure

An Attack

by aryr



Background
Ry's sea adventure continues. She is equally at home on land or in the sea. Fairies are adaptable.
The three of them went to the stable area. All the horses were now under guard and watched with the greatest sense of security. Mergon chose a gentle mount under the guidance of Gabriel, she was not a normal rider. She knew that they would have to travel a fair distance, too far to go on foot. The two females were ready, just awaiting Gabriel who was giving instructions to their warrior escort.

Suddenly he gasped and doubled over, holding his chest and stomach as he fell forward. Moans of agony and distress echoed through the mind space. Several warriors rushed to his side to carry him back to his bed. The two dismounted and rushed after the group. Surprise on everyone's face.

The surgeon had been summoned and he arrived as Gabriel was being settled. The stress of pain overwhelmed him. He couldn't settle due to the pain. He was excessively restless. He didn't know what was causing it. He felt that if he did not get relief, his heart would burst.

The doctor placed his hands onto Gabriel's head just above the ears, his little fingers spreading out. He mind-linked and was able to pour forth relaxing energy. Gabriel began to relax. Within minutes, he was able to describe the crushing pain in his chest and stomach. The doctor's hands moved to the chest and stomach area; searching for a cause. He believed with all sincerity that it was poison, he just had to prove it.

His tiny fingers fluttered over the skin, diagnosing the pain, the source. He was right! It was a slow acting poison. Gabriel had to have ingested it several days ago and it laid dormant, waiting for the right moment, which was now. Everything seemed to point in the direction of the time frame when Ter was last seen. He had brought treats specifically for their leader, insistent that they were for his consumption only. He had poisoned him. The need to find and arrest him had now become a prime directive.

The doctor calmly mind linked everyone present to reassure them that he knew what was wrong and through his touch would be able to draw out the poison. It would be a slow process, but a successful one. He explained what had likely happened. He did suggest that Ry and Mergon go on to Ter's last domain with the warriors. Gabriel would not be movable for some time and time was essential.

They agreed and after reassuring both the patient and the physician they departed with an escort of twelve warriors. Their travel took some time. The sea horses were able to speedily cover the distance with ease. The waving weeds, the currant were mild blocks. Eventually they came upon a home in the middle of nowhere.

It was well structured. The walls made of braided and woven sea kelp. The tiny windows were small holes and the door only slightly larger. Glowing coral provided an inner light. No one was present. They entered as a group. Once the warriors were sure that there was no danger, they went back outside to wait.

Ry advised Mergon that she wanted her to simply stand by the door. The room was divided into two sections with a hanging blanket. Behind the blanket was a small bed of sea moss, obviously where Ter slept when, he was here. His essence was weak which reinforced that he was spending a lot of time elsewhere.

She closed her eyes and spread out her arms with her palms up. She slowly turned and muttered ancient prayers. She concentrated on what she felt, what she sensed and what the weak energy offered. There was only a little information to withdraw. She felt his anger, his frustrations, his determination. By drawing into herself, she was able to feel his plot. She now knew him as well as he knew himself.

She knew that he needed the magik of the young to create gold. Their magik was of a great source of power over which they had no control. They were too young. They radiated their magik and it was free for the taking, the channeling. She also sensed the presence of the poison he used. She concentrated and found the container of poison. His energy was prominent on the box. More than adequate proof regarding his plot. She was still unsure of that full plot, other than it did indeed want to cause harm to Gabriel.

"Come Mergon, we need to get back to Gabriel. Guards, two of you stay behind please and destroy all the contents here or at least bag it all up and bring it back for destruction. Let's see how Gabriel fares."

The two left behind worked swiftly but with a great deal of caution in doing so. They always carried small magikal orbs to cleanse and area as well as absorb the negativity and items of such. All that remained in Tre's small lodging were the furnishings and linens. It was clean with no trace of his evil thoughts or feeling.

Upon arrival, the female fairies were both surprised and pleased to see Gabriel up and about. His movements were extremely slow. His thought process, however was back up to speed as he barked orders to guards, warriors and other workers in the area. His mind-link and attitude mellowed a great deal when he saw them once again.

"I will have you know that I have not had a moments peace knowing you were out there on your own. I feel bad that I could not stop you." He grumbled.

"No, Gabe, you felt bad because you were not in control. We both know that you have this inbreed need to protect; and that is what made you feel so bad. You were unable to protect us and that left you not in control of the situation." Ry challenged.

Gabriel plopped himself down and sighed, knowing deep within himself that she was correct.

"We have news, and in fact we have evidence. You may not like what you are about to learn, and we don't have all the answers yet but we will, I promise. Mergon was extremely helpful and the guards, oh sorry, the warriors were magnificent. The two I had stay behind will be here later, when their task is completed."

"Thank you both for what you have done. Mergon, sit here." He commanded. He thought pensively then added, 'Please!"

"Thank you, sir. When we have finished, may I then show M'Lady where he stayed. He visited his home regularly, but I think only when he needed his potions. He actually stayed here in town."

"But of course, I had forgotten that you mentioned that. I am sure we will learn more with a complete search there. Now Gabriel, this is what we found."

She relayed the discoveries to him. The facts of his plan or rather plot to over throw Gabriel's control. His need to be powerful. His apparent greed. The fact that he was indeed working with the old sea hag, who in reality, was a sea witch. Her path had been twisted to the evil dark side rather than the common one of being helpful to all creatures in the water world. She presented him with the poison that had been used to cause his illness and almost cause his death. She reported that she sensed that the sea hag was requesting gold in return for her spells and potions. The only way Tre could provide the gold was through the raw magik of the young sea horses. Both male and female offspring possessed a great deal of uncontrollable power. Usually their parents held the reins as they were guided. Ry felt for sure, that Ter was threatening the older males to keep them controlling the younger ones. And then he had them produce gold to feed his hunger and that of the sea hag.

"I would never have thought that evil on such levels existed. I had no idea that he felt the way he did or that he wanted so much. Of course, I could never allow such evil to be in control." Gabriel commented, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Okay, well now you know. I am sure you will come up with a plan to fix this. Meanwhile, Mergon and I will go to his other place and search. Warriors, we will mount in just a few minutes. Gabe try to get some rest, although I know the sea weeds will listen more than you will." She leaned forward and place a small kiss to his cheek.

They wove their way through the streets of Altineah. Warriors in front of them, to the rear and on each side. They were well protected.

In one's mind it is difficult to imagine streets or even a city in a large body of water. Try thinking of a gold fish bowl. The bottom has little hills and valleys of both shiny and normal stones. Now in that bowl there are also clusters of fake sea weed, here in Altineah it was the real stuff. Different lengths, various widths and of color hues that would shame a rainbow. I can imagine one would add a small plastic castle or perhaps two and an open sea chest, oh and let's not forget the anchor. It is similar except that the tiny homes and shops have been constructed in a mannerly pattern. Specific sea weed is used for walls, floors and roofs. Little orbs of glowing coral attached to solid stems become street lights. No one walked of course, they all floated or road sea horses which also pulled wheel free carts.

I have drifted in my thoughts, back to the journey. We shortly arrived in an area that presented the novelties of life. The gaudy trinkets that could be enjoyed by the more adventurous. The shop owners were loud and nosy, trying to be louder than a neighbor as they hawked their wares. Ry's mind was caught up with creativity as they rode past.

Finally, they stopped in front of one of the few single dwellings among the shops. It was tidy and very well kept. There was a structured fence surrounding it, with an adorable gate in one corner. It honestly didn't look like a place where Tre would stay. It was almost too good for his kind. But on the other hand, it did present the type of luxury that he seemed to need.

The two females and three of the warriors dismounted, leaving the rest to watch the coming and goings in the area. They approach the door, which opened wide in a welcoming gesture. There were two young females to greet them. Once they were inside it was easy to see who maintained the beauty of this home. It was definitely not Tre.

They quickly explained that they had been birthed within minutes of each other and had been assigned to this house. Their 'master' as they called Tre would visit all the time and insist that other than preparing his meals, they were to become scarce. They were not fond of him and had bad feelings about him. They really didn't know much about him, other than he worked at the royal stables. He didn't have a lot of visitors although he did have room for them. The house had five sleeping quarters beyond the one he used and the one they both shared. Most of the time he was there, they spent their time either in their room or went out.

Ry requested permission to scan the house for the use of magik, which they readily gave. They both advised her that they were law abiding citizens and wanted nothing to do with breaking and rules and laws. They would move if needed.

Ry started her scan in Tre's bedroom. She found traces of the poison used. It appeared as if it had been stored there briefly until it was either used or moved. Next, she scanned the living area where she felt the essence of the sea hag. The witch had obviously visited more than once. She also felt the presence of a small horde of gold. It took her but a few minutes to find it. The two young girls were shocked that so much wealth was hidden and it was not apparently protected.

The girls were advised to remain living in the house. Ry explained with confidence that she felt Gabriel would decree the home theirs after contemplating all the facts. Smiles and squeaks of glee were produced with delight. She did reinforce that she of course could not make such decisions on his behalf. They were already considering plans to open the empty rooms to those in need; if the house did indeed become theirs. Joy erupted. They were cautioned not to say a word of this visit to Tre.

The group departed. A few doors from the house Ry insisted they stop at a trinket shop. She spent a short while purchasing the most outrageous things she could find. With a good supply of gaudy things, they safely made the trip home.

Gabriel once again was anxious and eager to hear the result.

Ry encouraged Mergon to go to the kitchen area for nourishments. She then asked Gabriel if it was okay for the young one to use a room to rest, and he approved without reluctance. She was off.

"Okay, this is what I found at the house, how it ties into what happened at the other home, and what I have determined. There are two young females who take care of the house and prepare his meals. They are not aware of his visitors because they were confined to their room when he was there or had his permission to go out and when to report back. The scan showed that the poison was there temporarily, and that the sea hag had visited. There was also a small horde of gold; the females now know it is there and that it will be accounted for when we capture him. I did tell them that you might rule the home to them when this is all done, but I stressed the word 'might'. I just can't figure out how he poisoned you." She flung her tiny hands in the air out of frustration.

"Well I have figured that part out, while you were gone. I have someone checking into it as we speak. You must recall I have always loved those tiny sea flowers that taste so delicious. Well I had a small garden planted with them just for my use. Yes, I know that sounds selfish of me, but they are really delicious. I suspect he used the poison to coat those tiny delights, knowing no one else would eat them. So, the garden is being checked out. This is one time my selfish nature nearly cost me my life." Gabe reported.

Ry was both surprised and pleased that his mind as been active during her absence. She was delighted to hear his news. She felt as he did that this was indeed the source of his hopeful demise. She was also eager to tell him about her plan.

They sat together later that day at a time that would be considered the evening or dusk time. There was a slight difference in the flow of the water, which seemed to have settled a great deal. The sea weeds were swaying slightly as a sense of calm was felt everywhere.

Mergon had joined them and they had dined on the patio area. Their chatter was of an excited nature as they all recalled what had taken place. Their recall was fantastic, no details were left out. They sat back enjoying the nectar of flowers that were sucked out of the stems at the base of the flowers. It was both relaxing and refreshing.

Ry then decided it was time for divulge the details of her plan and to ask for suggestions and assistance. It was her plan to somehow trick Tre into not only confessing his wrong doings, to tell them where the sea horses were and to become a snitch by reporting the location of the sea hag.

She explained that she wanted to become a homeless, destitute wanderer. She also wanted to hopefully trick him into realizing that he needed females. The reproductive process involved fertilization activity initially with the females being the carriers, then the males became the carrier until the young were ready to survive on their own. He disliked females so much he probably hadn't thought past his dislike.

Ry was convinced that her plan would succeed. Her enthusiastic nature easily drew the others into the work that lay before them.




Please note that spelling is different, but correct for the story and me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.