General Non-Fiction posted July 1, 2020 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
part 1

A chapter in the book Second Chances

Second Chance - 1

by Iza Deleanu


I don't know about you but I always was good at second chances. For example, when I was born, I got a second chance. You know, I should have been dead after my spectacular landing on the floor. See, it comes handy to have an NFL receiver as a doctor. All the kids will be caught securely by this amazing receiver. My doctor was just like me, two lefts hands, so here I go slipping through his fingers straight into the bucket. Yup, they had a bucket at the end of the bed.

I cried so loud that I scared the entire team of doctors. They rushed me to the X-ray and the consultation room. I was fine, just like my cat, I was a loud protester.

I remember in my first year of life, my dad got a lot of that part! He was worked in shifts and every time he came home from a night shift, I decided that was the perfect time to protest and give him some crying rounds. One day he couldn't take it anymore, and put me in a hanger behind the door that we had for winter jackets. I was so surprised by his action that I forgot to cry. Since that day we been best friends.


Another second chance I got when I almost drowned. My dad had an old fiber framed boat that we used a lot during the hot summer days. I was one year old, and my parents decided to go swimming, I mean my dad, my mom never learnt how to do it. The day was so beautiful, so we put all the things necessary for this adventure in the boat. We finally arrived. My dad left my mom with me and he went to buy ice-cream and cold beer.

My mom took me out of the boat and left me on the shore and turned around to unload some things from the boat. I was holding an old radio, and I was trying to reach the water. Suddenly a wave snatched me from the shore. My mom later on told me that all she could see was my hair floating under the water. She caught me just in time. See, since then the water was my favorite place to be. She got so scared. My dad found out about this incident later on. I was never afraid of the water. He used to cross the Danube river with me on his shoulder. He was very proud of me. He said that I was never afraid of the water, probably this is way I learnt to swim by myself, and my sister never tried to learn.


To be continued


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.