General Fiction posted June 22, 2020 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An ongoing adventure of a fairy.

A chapter in the book Ry's Sea Adventure

Merlin Worries.

by aryr



Background
Ry's sea adventure continues as she travels to Gabriel.
Merlin sat pondering, twirling the fallen leaf by its stem between his thumb and index finger. He was watching the flash of color. At his side, Leih spun wool that had been gathered from the nearby sheep that lazily ramble the hill side. She sensed that he was troubled.

"She will be fine, Merlin. Ry knows that she has much to return to and that she has much more to do here. She respects her responsibilities to all in the forest," Her eyes brightened with moisture, "But she also respects her call to aid others. She will remain safe, and she will return."

"Oh, I know, I know," he sighed, "she is wiser and stronger, I think, than all of us put together. When you blessed me with James, you released the protective nature hidden within me. So, indulge me, my dear." He smiled.

James approached, also deep in thought. Physically, he resembled his father from his youth. He was tall and lean with dark, thick hair. His facial features were strong, almost chiseled but yet gentle to the eye. He had inherited the intensity of his mother's eyes which could pierce and search one's soul. None could hide from their query. The green shaded to his mood.

"Father, do you worry about Ry?" Before Merlin could reply, he continued, "She will be fine. I have grown under her love, her care and her protection. I feel like we have bonded. As much as we all like to think she needs us, it is us who truly need her. So, she will be okay."

Merlin smiled at his son. His heart swelled with pride. There were many moments when he felt the need to pinch himself to reassure the reality that he was indeed a parent, the parent of this fine young man.

James lowered himself to sit on the moss carpet of the forest in front of his parents. His love and respect were beyond comprehension. His parents, the forest, and Ry were all he needed. His family was so versatile he considered himself truly blessed.

The three of them chatted about the forest, the magik and, of course, the conversation drifted to and from Ry.

Leih smiled as she watched her son and husband communicate on so many different levels. Their words were music to her ears. The waves of thoughts which she had been invited to share warmed her. It was the touches, the pats and the rubbing of each other's arms that blessed her soul. So few of mankind seemed to remember, less cherish and practice, the art, the skill, the gestures of a loving touch.

Life had become so very much more than she could have hoped for. She would be eternally grateful to the Goddess for guiding her to Ry's forest and to those she loved. As the men in her life continued to share thoughts, she reflected on her sadness she had felt when she and Merlin had first met. He then left so suddenly she was not prepared. She had felt she had felt kindred to him and had laughed at what he thought was an overwhelming feat of magik. She had hoped he would have the curiosity to seek her out. To have a desire to learn more about her. She thought of the years it had taken her to find him. The effort it had taken, the work involved, all without regret.

She sighed in peace at the same moment Merlin and James finished their chat.

"So, my dear, shall we truly survive our anxiety and worries about her? Or shall we agree to continue being worry-worts?" Merlin asked.

"We shall still worry of course," Leih laughed, "and Ry knows this will help keep the contact open and give her strength." As she gave her life partner an affectionate pat.

"James," she turned, "would you mind brewing some energy tea for the three of us?"

He rose without hesitation, smiled and reassured his mother that he was more than willing.




Spelling is intentional and not in error. (smile)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.