General Poetry posted June 12, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A symbol of pride and justice

Golden Shield

by Willie P. Smith

I've been around for years and years,
I've shared some laughter and some tears.

I'm a source of strength to those abused,
And a part of the wearer transfused.

I've faced danger, and stood up to the test.
I've seen the worst and seen the best.

I vigorously fight against all crime,
I've been saddened by death many times.

I'm always aware of the powers I wield,
I'm a symbol of justice, the Golden Shield.

Willie P. 6/12/20
.



Recognized

#1701
2020


I am submitting a series of police poems I wrote when I was still a police officer. This is my way of paying tribute to those who still walk the "Thin blue line." The citizens of this country are going to have to protect themselves, their families, friends, neighbors and property. The radicals aren't going to stop until they destroy us and the country. Do the idiots really think that the changes to soften law enforcement are really going to soften the criminal element also? I didn't think I would ever see the US allow terrorists to take over any part of the country. There will be more blood shed when someone tries to recapture the 8 blocks in Seattle. GOD HELP US!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Willie P. Smith All rights reserved.
Willie P. Smith has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.