Spiritual Non-Fiction posted June 4, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A word from God's book

Lead Soldiers

by Deniz22



Benjamin Franklin's famous quote referred to the 26 lead letters of the alphabet used in the printing presses of his day.



I feel a kinship with the genius Mr. Franklin in this area, as I too had a number of lead soldiers at my command. In fact, my army probably out numbered his by several hundred.

You see, when I was a kid, my brother and I had a mold for making toy soldiers. I spent a lot of time melting scraps of lead to pour into that mold.

Picturing me hovering over an iron dipper, holding it above an open flame, while the lead slowly melts, may explain to you a lot of things about me. :)  Like Clinton, I did not inhale. (At least, not intentionaly).
When the lead was liquefied, the impurities would come to the top. I would scrape this slag away and pour the hot lead into the mold. This made 3 soldiers with different weapons.

I don't know what country these ancient, sword-wielding warriors represented. Maybe they were defenders of some lost civilization.Perhaps they might even be the reason the Swiss became pacifists and turned to the Jack-knife industry.

In any case, my soldiers were not very sturdy. They often crumpled in the heat of the battles even under my command. Sadly, they were heavy and very soft.

No problem! Back into the melting process, then poured afresh into the mold and Voila! A newly minted soldier, ready for battle once again!

Hey believer! Worn out? Feeling leaden? Is your sword dull and bent? Are you soft and heavy?
Get back into the fire of God's Word to be renewed. Let Him scrape off the impurities which surface in your mind from their source in your old nature. Let Him melt your heart again with the warmth of His love for your soul.

He can make you shiny and new again, molded in the image of the One who loved you and died for you so you could share His resurrection life today!

"be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness."
Ephesians 4:23,24 -NKJV




Luke 24:32 (NKJV)

They said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us"?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.