General Fiction posted May 27, 2020 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We come to the end of this part of Bea's journey

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

Paths Coming Together

by Liz O'Neill




Background
Much of Sweet Puppy's & Bea's sadness from losing Scruffles and their familiar cave home is replaced with joy in the conclusion of this part of Bea's journey.
Sweet Puppy admitted Bea had been right to choose this cave for their home. It was closer to Zoe's home so they could play more often. Bea loved it too because it was closer to Doolie's home. They spent most everyday together when Bea was not tidying her home.

She decorated the entrance to the fresh cave with tiny trees she had begun growing when mud was tracked into her cave. Rather than being unsettled by the mud or the one doing the tracking including herself, she just scooped it up, poured it into her empty clay pots and planted some little saplings.

A northerly opening made it a bit chilly when the wind blew, but it was lovely for the plants. She liked how the sun shone through just at the right time of the day. She reflected upon how her fears had grown when she saw the puddles of light outside their old cave.

Seeing that they were pots of her own honey, her "be-good-to-myself" treat, gave her an idea. Placing some of her clay pots filled with honey a little lower on her shelves brightened up their little home. The honey glowed golden in the sunlight streaming through the opening.

She no longer needed to worry if the mysterious creature would follow them to their new place; there were no creatures. The mystery had been solved. She laughed a little as she thought about all her fears and the 50 bees buzzing inside her every time she saw the mist creature. She breathed a pleasant sigh, thanking the Maker of new friends. The creature was really Doolie and her four pups.

She waited to see when the sun caused the shadows. She and Sweet Puppy would play the game Doolie told her about. While the sun was coming into their cave at the best angle, the wise bear and her puppies had great joy, without too much quarreling. Bea was excited to play with Sweet Puppy. She realized they hadn't played much at all, since Scruffles had left for the Bridge of Rainbows.

First to go, Sweet Puppy's tail waggled just right to look like Snaklie as Bea fondly named Snake. It didn't take an excited wee bear long to guess it. For her turn, Bea stood very tall and still, with her feet tight together. Her arms in different positions, she reached one up by her head and the other almost straight out. She could have been one of her favorite music makers that whispered to her on her strolls. She was a special friend. She was Willow.

Showing what fun they both had had, when they finished playing, the happy duo shadow danced. Sweet Puppy thought they should invite Doolie, Benny, Zoe, Annie, and Maddie to play. They were prepared with good ideas to show them. What fun for all of them to dance and to see wonderful designs that could be made.

Sweet Puppy enjoyed many warm hours of naps in her favorite spot on the floor. There were perfect places to store her chicken from dumpster expeditions. Finding a suitable place to do her stepstooling exercise, Bea was beginning to feel the spiral of life was restored to balance. Things were settling down and making more sense.

Resting beside Sweet Puppy in the large circle of warmth, a lazy-feeling wee bear practiced her brain exercise reflecting upon their many journeys. The right path had always revealed itself to her.

Doing her notice exercise she was learning that much of her journey and the paths she was led to take were making her life better. She had discovered new answers to old questions. These showed themselves to her whenever she practiced her Be Wee With Bea exercises.

Her gift of wisdom came by doing her talk with the Maker and learning to be more wee and humble. She hoped everyone would practice these exercises so they too would be able to discover the same kind of happiness.









I'd like to acknowledge cleo85 for their precious picture.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters. This is the conclusion of the record of another part of my journey as this is an autobiographical allegory. There will probably be a third part at some point. My life has continued and I have learned new things. Bea hopes you enjoyed growing along with her in self-knowledge.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.