Supernatural Fiction posted May 20, 2020 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Chapter of Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book THE CURSE

Lucifer's Spell

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.



Background
Thank you for taking the time to read my chapter. I am re-editing this book, so if you catch mistakes or something doesn't sound right, please let me know. Enjoy!
Take a sneak look back into a chapter of the fourth Novel of the Breedline series... Sins of Chaos.

In a dark, padded cell, Sebastian lay with his arms bound inside a straitjacket and his ears tensed for the slightest noise. The buzzing coming from the fluorescent lights outside the door and the rhythm of his beating heart were the only sounds to be heard. Since Sebastian lost his ability to use a portal, this was the first time in his life he felt utterly helpless. When he’d told the Breedline of hearing Thomas’s voice—his dead twin brother—they thought him insane, including Eve, and committed him to a Breedline psychiatric institution... a lunatic asylum. It was like a punch to the gut. Even though he was guilty of many things, death would be more merciful than eternal insanity.

He hadn’t heard Thomas’s voice for hours. Forcing himself to think of something else, he wondered how his sons were faring and thought of what Eve had said in the note she left him. Maybe she was right. Perhaps they were better off without him.

Although the sedative he was given made him doze off a couple of times, he concentrated on staying awake. As much as he fought to keep his eyes open, he lost the battle and sleep finally overtook him.

Out of nowhere, he sensed an eerie presence looming over him. He kept his lids closed and pretended to be asleep. He shivered when the temperature in the room dropped. Steam exhaled as he parted his lips.  
 
Something prodded his leg with sharp fingers and whispered, “Wake up, Sebastian.”

When an unknown presence leaned over Sebastian, a rank breath crept into his nostrils. Then, strong hands grabbed a fistful of his hair and wrenched his head back and said, “I know you’re awake… you worthless piece of crap.”

He recognized his brother’s angry voice and opened his eyes. Although, it was impossible. Thomas was dead. The monster taunting his sanity was something entirely different. But who was it? he thought. And what did it want? 
  
Sebastian felt enraged but remained calm. In his current condition, he was helpless against whatever this thing was. If only he could manage to free himself of the restricting constraint.

“Where are you?” Sebastian called out as his eyes darted over the poorly lit room. “Show yourself.”

He flinched at the sound of a chair scuffling along the floor. When it slid in his field of vision, he came face-to-face with his twin brother. His features appeared haunted and his eyes were black… soulless.  

Thomas reached inside his jacket and pulled out a dagger. As he reached forward with it, Sebastian clenched his eyes and stiffened, preparing to feel the burn of the blade. Oddly, he found exquisite relief instead. His arms were now free.  
      
“Why did you free me?” Sebastian asked. “You’re not really Thomas, are you?”

“So many questions,” his look-a-like said. “The answer to your first question... who am I?” He arrogantly grinned, his fangs shining like ivory pins. “I was once God’s favorite angel, and now...” he paused, drawing his lips tight. “I am the darkness of night.”

“Lucifer,” Sebastian muttered, narrowing his stare.

“Yesss…” he answered with the S lingering. “I have been called by that name for centuries now, along with many others. The devil... Satan. But if you prefer Lucifer, it’s your choice.”

“Why?” Sebastian said, swallowing the knot in his throat. “Why are you taking Thomas’s form?”

“Why not?” Lucifer asked, leaning closer. “Does this body make you feel guilty?”

Sebastian gripped the bare mattress and pulled himself upright. “Why would I feel guilty? Thomas caused his own death.”

Lucifer threw his head back and laughed. The short, sharp bark sent shivers up Sebastian’s spine. “You hated your brother. You wanted Thomas to die.”

“No!” Sebastian fired back. “That’s not true!”

Lucifer crossed his arms. “Isn’t it?”

“What the hell do you want with me?” Sebastian urged. “And why can’t I use my powers?”

Lucifer rose to his feet, straightened his black tailored suit and leaned against the padded wall of Sebastian’s cell. “I want something that belongs to you, but I cannot take it freely. You must convince your beloved Eve to give it to me of her free will. Give me what I want, and I will release you from this misery. I will then restore your power to create a portal.”

Sebastian went quiet for a minute. He wondered what Lucifer wanted that was so precious. Then he realized it was his son. Lucifer wanted Arius for his powers.

Another surge of rage swept over Sebastian. He stood up on shaking legs, preparing to lunge at Lucifer, but found himself strangely confined in his straitjacket again. “Stay away from my son…” Sebastian snarled his upper lip. “I swear I’ll…”

“You’ll what?” Lucifer smirked. “Kill me?”

Sebastian looked at Lucifer, his yellow eyes shooting daggers.

“You know…” Lucifer cocked a brow. “We’re not that different.”

“I’m nothing like you!”

“Aren’t we?” Lucifer said, pursing his mouth in a self-satisfied grin. “I have to say, what you did to Tessa is an all-time low. Raping your half-brother’s mate is a detestable sin.”

“I didn’t rape her!”

“Same difference,” Lucifer said. “You used your succubus skills and put those images in her head, leading her to believe it.” He slowly shook his head. “Only to piss off Jace. By my book, that’s shady as hell.”

Sebastian glared at Lucifer. “Go to hell!”
   
“That,” Lucifer said in a tone laced with promise, “can be arranged.”

Before Sebastian knew what hit him, Lucifer shot over with incredible speed, so fast he was nearly a blur, and gripped him around the throat. “Give me what I want.” He bared his sharp pointed teeth. “Or suffer your fate.” 

Sebastian choked and thrashed against Lucifer’s hold.

Eve gasped as she peered through the tiny glass window of Sebastian’s cell. 

“Guards!” Eve yelled. “Open this door!”

Lucifer curled back his upper lip. “You will suffer my wrath with eternal sleep, reliving the horrors of your childhood past.”

Panic seized Sebastian. “No,” he gasped. “Please... no.” 

Sebastian braced himself as Lucifer bit into his throat.

As the door sprang open, Lucifer instantly vanished. Eve caught her breath when she saw Sebastian drop to the floor. Blood trickled down his throat as though he’d been bitten. 

Eve hesitated, but only for a moment, and rushed over to Sebastian. When she knelt beside him, she gently placed her hand on the side of his face. “Sebastian, talk to me, please,” she helplessly cried out. “Sebastian…” She wiped at the blood on his neck. “Can you hear me?” When there was no response, she glanced up at the guard. “Get this damn thing off him. He needs medical attention now!”

After the guard had called for backup, he quickly removed Sebastian’s straitjacket.

When Bruce Carmichael—Eve’s guard who escorted her each time she visited Sebastian at the mental institution—stepped into the room, he froze in his tracks, taken aback by the bizarre spectacle before him. 

Eve looked down when she heard a light moan. Sebastian had his eyes slightly cracked. He strained to keep them open.

“Oh, thank God, Sebastian,” Eve sobbed.

“Eve...” he said hoarsely. “Please… listen to me.”

“You’re going to be fine, Sebastian,” Eve said in a tear-laced voice. “You just need my blood.”

He shook his head as she held her wrist close to his lips. “No, Eve.”

“Sebastian, please,” Eve persisted. “I can fix this. Take my blood.”

“You must save Arius… from Lucifer.” He started to weep while struggling to keep his focus. “I love... you.” Then, he closed his eyes and went limp, falling deeper into a state of unconsciousness. The fault of his son’s destiny was his. To keep Arius from the hands of evil, Sebastian was willing to suffer a thousand-fold. Now his fate had come. The thing he had dreaded and feared long ago. His punishment was now a reality. Sebastian would be lost in the horrors of his childhood past, reliving each day he’d fought so hard to forget.

“No…” Eve cried. “Please, Sebastian. Don’t leave me. I believe you. Did you hear me?” She shook his shoulders, desperate for him to open his eyes. “You’re not crazy. I saw him. I believe you, Sebastian.”

The succubus side in her confirmed what her brain had been denying. Sebastian wasn’t crazy. Someone had attacked him. She saw it with her own eyes. Eve had no idea how she was going to do it, but she had to fight to bring Sebastian back and protect her son from... Lucifer.

To be continued... 

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers.

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into wolf form if they are born an identical twin. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. The Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans. Although they live among humans, their species is secret. In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illness or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only way to kill a Breedline.
All male Breedlines change into their first wolf at the age of eighteen. Female Breedlines do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

Eve - She is a half-breed, and Sebastian's bonded mate.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed and Eve's bonded mate. He has the power to summon a portal.

Arius and Tidus - They are Sebastian and Eve's identical twin boys. Both have inherited their parent's genetics of a half-breed. Arius carries the mark of the Chiang-Shih demon with the power to create a portal and the ability to heal others.

Tessa Fairchild (a.k.a. the Breedline Queen) - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, and raised by her aunt and uncle, Tessa has no knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she shifts into the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species who later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast, inherited by the Chiang-Shih demon. His bonded mate is Tessa Fairchild. He's an IT engineer and the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's identical twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon, which gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electrical energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. Creepers) - A succubus feeds off the blood of a Breedline species. They are skilled with hypnotic abilities and capable of using their beautiful features to influence the thoughts of the Breedline species and humans.

HALF-BREED - A species born with the genes from both a Breedline and a succubus. They can bond with either species. Although they cannot shift into a wolf, they need blood from a Breedline to survive.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.