General Script posted May 18, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one scene script

Group: After the Break

by Bill Schott


A group of story characters are together at a meeting. They are assembled off-stage and will reform in a semi-circle, in the order they appear on the roster below, from left to right, facing upstage. They have been on a five minute break for thirty minutes.

Characters:
Pons Maninoff (Pons)
Ned Knuckelled (Ned)
Pez Pitch (Pez)
Pallas Pitch (Pallas)
Matt Tell (Matt)
Jiffy Gel (Jiffy)
Unnamed character:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pons: (
enters from the left and sits in the first chair) So glad you folks could make it back from break.

Unnamed character: (
enters from the left and sits in every chair on HER way to the far right seat)

Ned: (
enters from the left and sits next to Pons) Guess yer five minute break got broke.

Pons: We'll have to cover these items fast so these guys can go about their business.

Pez: (
enters from the right, walking abreast with his brother Pallas. They sit next to each other and Ned)  That break was longer than the first half of this meeting.

Pallas: Yeah, and the seats are more comfortable in the bathroom; I nodded off.

Ned: I do that at home a lot.

Matt: (
entering from the left and overhearing Ned's comment in passing) Sounds like you need new furniture, Ned.

Ned: Yer prob'ly, right. Dun think I kin afford the dang plumbin' bill though.

Jiffy: (
enters from the right and notices that the unnamed character is now a woman. He stops next to her chair and looks at the others) I got a question.

Pallas: You were sittin' next to the rocket surgeon, Genius.

Jiffy: (
Ignoring Pallas)  Wasn't  she a guy before?

Ned: Hey, maybe she's transmissionin'. 

Pez: Was the break that long?

Unnamed character: (
Stands and gives herself an animated hug)

Pons: Ahhh, yeah. Let's get back to the meeting.

Ned: What cher name, Missy?

Unnamed character: (
Shrugs with her palms up, eyes staring off to nowhere, and mouth agape)

Pez: Is this deja vu?

Ned: (
looking at the unnamed character) Er you Day Ja Voo, Missy?

Matt: Deja Vu means it happened before, Ned.

Ned: I dun know what she means 'cause I caint hear her sayin' nothin'.

Pallas: Boy, Ned, that's odd. I can hear you, but there's nothing there either.

Ned: Wonner if we's relativilated.

Jiffy: Maybe so. One's dumb and one  -- doesn't talk.

Unnamed character: (
reaches into a gunny sack and pulls out a stack of papers. She walks the line, giving each person a sheet, then sits down)

Pons: Right. Here are the questions and comments that fans have.

Ned: This one at the top is fer me. 'Is Ned really like that er is he just wrote thata way?'

Pez: It says 'written that way', Ned.

Pallas: Next question, right?

Matt: Drill Sergeant Mother Scratcher wants to know if Jiffy and I are done with the Army or are we going to see it through? 

Jiffy: I don't think we're believable, Matt. People seem to think Drill Sergeants are cool and collected trainers and that recruits are automatons that get in line without question.

Unnamed character: (
stands and walks robotically around in a circle then sits back down)

Pons: Let's move along. Here's another question for Ned. 'Do you speak several dialects? It seems you have anything from a Texas drawl to a Louisanna twang.'

Ned: I dint figger I wers di-electrical at all.

Pallas: NEXT!

Pez: Here's one asking if Pallas and me will be doing scenes again soon.

Pallas: We're going to go solve this missing diver case, right?

Pez: Sounds like maybe Ned's shark-that-got-away might have JAWSed her.

Matt: I find it unlikely there's a fresh water shark here. It's the midwest United States, not Asia or the tropics.

Jiffy: That's why no one would suspect it.

Pallas: Right, Sherlock. Sharks are a sneaky bunch. There might be one among us right now.

Unnamed character: (
sticks her right elbow out in front, level with the ground, forearm bent back to represent a shark fin. Stands and walks back and forth in front of the group. Pallas provides the infamous shark music dmmmm-duh,  dmmmm-duh ... then faster .. until she returns to her chair)

Pons: Right. We'll take that as a yes, there will be an investigation.

Ned: She dint look nuttin' like that shark what I saw.

Pez: Still not sold on your shark story, Ned.

Matt: You might have hooked a sunken kayak.

Jiffy: Maybe one of Nessy's pups, Ned. Or, maybe a mermaid.

Pons: So Matt. If the Army is out, what will you two do?

Ned: I think Jiffy's gonna be nursin' a fat lip.

Jiffy: Bring it, Ned.


Ned and Jiffy begin wrestling and the group forms a vision-blocking circle around them as everyone shouts fight-related jargon.

Unnamed character: (lowers to the floor and does the worm across the room and out of the scene to the left)


The End




:



Recognized


Image from Google Pinterest
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.