Sports Fiction posted May 17, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
fishing story

Boot of the day

by Iza Deleanu


When I was in my first year of University, my sister and brother-in-law decided to take me fishing. Close to their house, there where the Danube River creates a small Delta, was a nice spot for fishing. I love swimming and I thought is going to be fun.

What they had not told me was that we will not use a rod for fishing, but our bare hands. My brother-in-law brought some friends and we split in two teams. My sister was in charge of the cooking section and I landed in the bare hands fishing team. Our task was to dive in the river and take out the lobsters from their hiding holes from the riverbank.

The idea was to put your hand in front of the hole and let them catch you. My brother in-law was an expert in that area. I tried and almost drowned when I started to scream under water. The lobster bit my hand, and I lost my interest for this sport.

I run out of the water screaming and telling my sister that I want to be in the fishing team, because they have proper tools. When I went to their side of the river: surprise, surprise: they were using improvised fishing-rods and flies for bait. I tried to fish for half an hour and I got bored. You're supposed to stay quiet and watch the hook like a lunatic. I left my fishing line aside and start swimming in circles scaring the fishes away.

As I was swimming, I noticed that my fishing pole started to move. Excited, I run out of the water and pull the line as fast as I could. When I took it out, I got the biggest... boot that I have seen in my entire life.

My sister without telling me took a picture of my catch and posted on the Facebook mocking me with the title Catch of the Day. Her comment was, the Biggest Boot from the Danube River that demonstrates that Yeti was here.

 



~~~FISHING~~~TRUE STORY writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
~~FISHING***TRUE STORY***
~~~PROSE ONLY~~No poetry~~
*PLEASE/FOLLOW ALL RULES*
1.  Name of Author will be displayed
2. Dedication and title may be included with text of story.
They do NOT count towards number of words allowed.
3. Author may sign and date poem at bottom--
does NOT count towards number of words allowed--up to 3 lines may be added.
4.  LENGTH--300--350 words 
5.  ONE picture--author's choice (refer to rule #7)
 6. ONE color font with ONE color background /  FONT choice MUST come from what is available on Advanced Editor on Fan Story (no outside sources)
7.  NO animations, videos, or music
8. Author notes allowed
9.  TOPIC (subject) of story MUST be a TRUE STORY about FISHING
10. Category--SPORTS (select this)
11.  No warnings of any kind will be acceptable--(PG allowed)
12. At least 5 entries submitted before voting booth opens  




I like to go fishing, so I can swim in the lake, river, whatever body of water it happens to be. I don't like to fish, per se, but I enjoy the idea. This story is true, and I really enjoyed the fun day I have with my sister and her husband.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.