General Poetry posted May 10, 2020 Chapters: Prologue -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
poem with repeating words

A chapter in the book 78 Flowers

The Red Rose

by sunnilicious



Blooming from a bush. Blooming on a stem.
Blooming bright and red. Blooming red rose bud.
Let the reality of the rose be romance.
Let the reality of the red rose be love.
May the scent of the rose be soft and sweet;
Soft and sweet as sharp thorns go unnoticed
Because beauty sits on the horizon.
Blooming red rose. Blooming with true love.
Five, six, ten, twelve, eighteen or many, many more...
Blooming red roses. A classic brilliance.
A timeless gesture. Beauty all the way.

 




I didn't research anything for this first flower poem. I went to the florist and bought a red rose. I played around with it like day. I thought writing this poem about a red rose would be young and fun, but it appears to be old. I am unsure if I like it. I may have unleashed a tacky streak. This poem might date me to my true age of a 47 year old or even older. But roses have been around for like forever. I hope you enjoy reading my poem.

Happy Mother's Day

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.