General Poetry posted May 8, 2020 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
prologue

A chapter in the book 78 Flowers

And Introduction to 78 Flowers

by sunnilicious

Six years ago, when I first moved to Southern California, I attended plenty local events. Every weekend for at least a year. It was my way of learning about where I live, getting comfortable with my surroundings and mingling with new people. The Los Angeles Area has a freaking sub-culture with plenty New Age things.

Well, I bought Oracle Cards. There are 44-cards in the deck. It is considered Flower Therapy by Doreen Virtue and Robert Reeves. They have a flower with symbolism written on each card. So, every morning I can pick a new card. This would lead my day ahead. It is meant for daily gudiance to maintain and optimistic outlook on life. I played with the deck, because it is pretty. However, it is not a regular card deck (52-card) or tarot card deck (78-card).

I am not a Mind Reader, however, I like Gypsy Readers. And recently found out, there are no floral tarot card decks in the marketplace. I wish there were such a deck. 

Well, I found out that there are 78 cards in a tarot deck. It breaks down into 22 major arcana with a minor that has four elements. They are numbered from Ace to 10. Also, containing the page, knight, queen and king. That makes up 14 cards per sign. And the rest is very complicated to me.

Anyway, I'm not a psychic. I am an actress, writer, poet, romantic and woman to say the least. So, I appreciate pretty things. I decided to write a book of poems about flowers. Twenty-two of the poems will be about roses. I am unsure how to break down the rest of the poems to fit it into a tarot deck, but it's not really going to be a tarot deck. It is just a book of seventy-eight poems to brighten your day.






REFERENCES:
1) Flower Therapy 44-card deck of Oracle Cards and Guidance, written by Virtue, Doreen and Reeves, Robert.

Notes: I have been looming around with ideas about flower book other than tulips for a long while now. I don't know how long this poetry book will take me to write. I have to at least research each flower and intoxicate myself into the symbolism each flower is known to hold.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.