Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted May 4, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The affects of the Pandemic.

I Am Missing Out

by Raul1


My city is a complete ghost town right now. I am missing my friends. I miss how much fun it is by going out. I miss watching sports on TV and at arenas. I don't see my friends because of pandemic. I will always remember the times I have talked with my friends at work. The disease is preventing me from seeing them.

I never lived in a ghost town, until right at this moment. The situation is new to me and to everyone else. My  favorite teams are Miami Heat, Florida Gators and Miami Hurricanes. My favorite sports are basketball and football. My favorite quarterbacks are Tim Tebow (UF) and Ken Dorsey (Miami Hurricanes). My favorite Miami Heat player is Dwayne Wade. I miss watching those games. But, here in my town, everyone is abiding by the rules. The citizens of Florida are patient to reopen at the appropriate time.

I miss going out to the mall with my parents. I miss hanging out with the other rest of my family. It isn't fun staying at home. It feels like a lockdown all over the country. It will be a while for everything to be back to normal again. What I miss most is the normalcy in the world. I am hanging in there. So are my family and friends.

We will get through these rough times.



What do you miss? writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story, no more than 500 words, about what you miss most because of the pandemic.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.