Letters and Diary Fiction posted April 20, 2020 Chapters:  ...28 29 -30- 31... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Day 29

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Essential versus non-essential

by Iza Deleanu




Background
I decided to document how this virus is affecting my sanity. So feel free to join me in this experience, I hope the reading will become funnier, then what I posted so far. Thank you for reading.
Day 29
April 12, 2020
 
Once in our young lives, we were all asked that fatidic question: What do you want to be when you grow up? Before, the answer was: Spiderman, Batman, Cinderella, Super Girl etc. Nowadays, because of Coronella, our kids wants to be Essential Workers.

For once they are picking something real, which exists outside the Marvellous and Disney World.

We are hearing everyday how much these real heroes are doing for us, fighting heads on with Coronella, when we all are forced to stay inside. I don’t know, how these workers are treated in your country, but in Canada some of those essential workers are paid the minimum wage, and I am talking specifically about all those people from the groceries stores.

Look around you and see who is actually working there right now? I don’t know about your stores, but in mine, those kids have reached their dream – they are now essential workers. 90% of the people who are working in the service industry now: grocery stores, pet stores, convenient stories, restaurants etc., are kids, no more than 16 years old.

If Coronella wasn’t present, probably most of those kids will not have a job. Coronella send the old people home, and brought up the new generation that is trying to put a dollar aside for their later education.

So please, everybody right now, hats off for the younger generation, for our heroes that stepped in to support us by making sure we have food on our tables and other necessary supplies to fight Coronella.

Another category of the people who become essential is the truck drivers. They are our heroes fighting every day the harsh conditions and transporting all the necessary supplied for us to stay safe home. You know how badly they are treated now days? The gas station doesn’t let them use the washrooms, the restaurant are closed, so there are no meals for them.

In Alberta, our prime gave a governmental order, so the truck drivers can use the washrooms when they need too and also the local association are waiting for them with food and water. Thank you, essential workers, one warm salute from the non-essential workers that volunteer for this job.

We have doctors and nurses that are fighting every day the spread of Coronella, they have not sign up for this, but they are staying and fighting it. Essential workers, are all the people that are going to work every day, and continue with business as usual.


The ones that we are currently in our homes, we might be now non-essential, but once Coronella is killed, our jobs and skills will be useful to restart the economy.

For the humanity to survive, in front of God, we are all essential, and in front of the civil society, we are all essential workers. Even if Coronella divided us, once this pandemic is gone, we all will become one: workers that will rebuild our lives and economies together. Be prepared, Coronella, we are coming to get you!

 




I am using Coronella instead of Corona, I think is sound funnier:)
For my readers and reviewers, please forgive me for my bad English, since is my third language, I am using this cheap excuse to ask for your help in correcting the grammar and the other mistakes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.