General Fiction posted April 15, 2020 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The mystery of the shadow creatures is solved.

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

Mystery Solved

by Liz O'Neill




Background
We have wondered if and when the mystery of the shadow creatures from the beginning of our story, would be solved. It will be solved in this chapter which ends with another mystery.
Bea and Sweet Puppy often visited Doolie's expansive cave home. To be there making new memories was easier than sitting in their old sad thoughts. Bea was telling Doolie of their first dumpster disaster and her two heroes, Scruffles and Sweet Puppy.

When told how Sweet Puppy had become a sled dog, Doolie laughed, adding Benny was theirs. Maddie enjoying an investigation exercise, finding a sled for them, had assigned Benny to be the sled dog.

As she was listening, Bea glanced at the wall in the room near the cave opening where Zoe and Sweet Puppy were tussling with each other. A could-be-frightening shadow creature moved upon the wall.

Practicing her brain exercise, instead of letting her fears conquer her, she learned something totally new. Watching the movements of Zoe and Sweet Puppy and the Shadow Creature, they were the same.

She decided she'd calmly mention this strange situation to Doolie who laughed. They had also experienced that fearful sight and ended up making a game out of it. With a demonstration, she explained how they played it.

Bea nervously laughed with relief that there was no shadow creature. As if a fog were clearing in her brain she remembered what happened every time she'd looked away from the shadow creature on the wall in her cave home. She saw Scruffles and Sweet Puppy playing.

She remembered waving her arms practicing her investigation exercise. She had become part of the Shadow Creature. Things were coming together for her. In her wild imagination, waving arms had served as the Shadow Creature's tentacles or antennae.

It all made complete sense, there was no such thing as a shadow creature. Scruffles would have enjoyed this discovery. He probably was laughing, dancing around the bridge of rainbows.

Bea thought it might be fun to make shadow creatures on the wall. She was anxious to tell Sweet Puppy about this potential game. Her mom had said there are many potential opportunities for us to find. We've just got to happen upon the right path.

Maybe this was one of the paths she and Sweet Puppy had been directed to take. They would learn, something scary could be changed into something fun. Going from fear to freedom there could be shadow dancing. She was beginning to like these ideas a lot.

The sun would soon be resting, time to head home so they could rest. As the two strolled over the brow of the hill, Bea saw a strange flickering light. No, there were two. Now three. The number continued to grow as she stood there doing her brain exercise. They were too large to be lightning bugs.

She loved lightning bugs, especially when they flew throughout the cave home, sparkling upon the walls of every room. Sadly, Sweet Puppy was afraid they were flashes of lightning from the booming crashing storm.

Bea followed with her eyes, the source of the shimmering light. The sun was shining directly onto puddles of something. But she couldn't imagine what it could be.

As she moved step by step closer, many golden slivers of moons began to take shape. Golden puddles. But not really puddles like mud puddles. These were a little up off the ground.

Doing her investigation exercise, she judged this all to be happening very near her cave home. Very, very near her home. Right in front of her cave. To the left of her doorway.

Some were just long golden-colored puddles with empty cracked pots tumbled in them. She planned to recover that spilled treasure later. The others were pots full of honey. She wondered who could have left her so many pots of her "be-good-to-myself" treat.

She knew it was not Doolie, she'd just been with Doolie, Annie, Benny, Zoe and Maddie at their cave home. With a combination of her notice exercise and a further investigation exercise, the clay pots looked very familiar.

They had the beaver tail imprint Timothy the wood carving clay pot maker had shaped and dried for her. Those were her own clay pots and the honey she had worked to collect. They belonged on her shelves which Timothy made for her. What were they doing out there on the ground?




I wish to acknowledge cleo85 for their perfect picture. This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters. Sadly, everyone in this story with the exception of Tim aka Timothy the beaver and I aka Bea are still here. All of the animals have gone to the Rainbow Bridge or Bridge of Rainbows as Bea calls it. And Doolie, my former partner passed 2 years ago. And Sweet Puppy last January.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.