Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 6, 2020 Chapters:  ...15 16 -17- 18... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Daily Journal

A chapter in the book Lamentations of a Lost Laddy

The Spirit is Willing

by Badger_29


Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.


Background
Here you'll find chapters from my childhood, chapters in Sacramento dealing with recovery, and some spiritual testimonies.
 
It was Sunday and I woke up late, feeling grumpy and tired. I knew I needed to make it to the store today, so after coffee and a brief breakfast of cream cheese and red fruit sandwiches, I hooked my bike cart on and headed to Viva market.
Ideally l like shopping at grocery outlet, but it's a little bit further away and I decided to take the short route and get just essentials for this evening.
Being an accomplished writer, when I'm riding my bike ideas and thoughts immediately come to my mind, and my autopilot starts writing poetry.
This is how this evening has began:
 
The sun slowly setting
  as shadows grow longer-
I have a bit less regretting
  this feeling is growing stronger.
 
Then it occurred to me that less is more,
so I immediately began to truncate-
 
Setting sun
 shadows longer
Less undone
 feeling stronger
 
I arrived at the mercado, locked up my bike grabbed a cart and let my autopilot do the shopping. I grabbed two gallons of milk, a 12-pack of Shasta cream soda, chocolate avalanche ice cream, large cream of mushroom soup, Italian cheese blend, dried parsley, and a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.  Being a devoted chocoholic, I grabbed a chocolate covered donut while waiting at the checkstand, careful to follow directions and keep a safe distance between me and the other shoppers.
One of my many passions is cooking and I love pasta. however, I suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disorder, so I prefer using a white sauce as opposed. to red.  
There are a few people in the store, as most of us stay home most of the time since the covid-19 epidemic started.
When I got there, I saw an elderly lady sitting on the ground, but didn't pay much mind.  When I was done, I was leaving and I noticed that a young black man had joined her.  He approached me and I was in no mood for anything- but he asked me politely if he could buy something to eat for fifty cents. I looked and said no, but as I was leaving, I gave him two dollars and told him to give one to the lady.
I got home and made mushroom spaghetti for dinner.
 
Mushroom Spaghetti with bacon
Oven 350° F
 
1 # bacon
One package spaghetti
Cream of mushroom soup
Butter
Garlic
Celery
Onion
One can spaghetti sauce
Can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
Italian cheese blend

Cook the bacon until almost crisp, reserving a tbsp of the fat.  Add 2 tbsps of butter and garlic then chopped onions and celery.
Saute` until onions are transparent. 
Pour in the cream of mushroom soup.  Add about 1/4 c water.
Meanwhile, boil spaghetti al dente. Put in a baking pan and mix in your pasta sauce. Poor half a can of spaghetti sauce over the top, we can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, and top with Italian blend cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.




Thanks to my mom for the wonderful picture of the sun setting in Montana.
For it is written: the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Blessings,

Brother Badger

Sunday, April 5th, 2020
2100
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Badger_29 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Badger_29 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.