General Fiction posted March 29, 2020 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sweet Puppy and Bea go to visit Doolie and the puppies

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

With Doolie

by Liz O'Neill



Background
Sweet Puppy and Bea are still feeling empty about Scruffles going to the bridge of rainbows. They go to visit Doolie the wise bear and the puppies.
When Bea asked Sweet Puppy if she wanted to accompany her to Doolie's home cave, she was excited to go. With the wish that Annie would be more receptive to making friends, she planned to vigorously play with Zoe.

The other truth was that she didn't want to stay home alone. It was too empty there. They'd found another path so they didn't have to walk on water as Scruffles had taught them to do. Without Scruffles who had gone to the bridge of rainbows, it wouldn't seem right.

When she met up with Doolie, she let go with unending tears. She told of Scruffles having gone down a different and final path toward the bridge of rainbows.

As Bea had anticipated, Doolie teared up and told her how sorry she was. Doolie still often missed Allie, her beloved puppy friend who was also at the bridge of rainbows. Though the times had diminished, she admitted she missed her less often.

Not that she wasn't always in her heart, it was not a betrayal to Allie that she had moved beyond some of the sense of loss. She reminded Bea that she still had Sweet Puppy and that she needed to do her be grateful exercise. She cautioned Bea to take even more special care of Sweet Puppy.

Changing the topic, Bea decided to tell her about their adventure walking on water at the swamp when she had first seen them in the mist. Zoe and Sweet Puppy were the first to begin the trek across the dark water when they all went to do the investigation exercise.

Playing halfway across, the two friends went plunging into the rattly reeds and green scum. What a mess. But why had they no longer been able to walk upon the water? The next thing Bea saw was a definite wee bear head tilter.

Both Zoe and Sweet Puppy were back standing on the water shaking themselves off. First, they were there. then, they were not, then they were. Sweet Puppy slipped while doing her shaking off exercise, but still landed on top of the water.

This was a very puzzling swamp. The investigation exercise had to become more rigorous. Both Bea and Doolie dipped their feet, paws and claws in the exact spot Sweet Puppy and Zoe had begun stepping onto the water.

There was definitely something there to hold them up, but the water hid whatever it was. Bea thought puzzling exercises she'd done over her many passings of long sleeps. In this case, there was no way to find out what held them up so it was a mystery they'd have to live with.

She had resisted and knew she needed to do her detachment from things which have a hold on you exercise. She always found that freeing. Why didn't she do it more often? Doolie said she suspected many others had the same tendency to avoid doing what is healthy.

What Doolie said next absolutely stunned and thrilled Bea. The wise bear said that she needed to visit Willow more often and began explaining who Willow was. Bea danced up and down and confessed she also visited Willow and how healing it always was.

The other fun thing was Doolie called her Willow too. She was amazed at how right her mom had been when she said there are many potential friends for us to find.

Remember how things had gone for the others. Maddie had a crush on Sweet Puppy who had no interest in her and Sweet Puppy had a crush on Annie who had no desire to give her any attention.

This time Sweet Puppy was finding new friends. Just as Annie spent a little time with Sweet Puppy, so Sweet Puppy played with Maddie whose little bob-tail rocked to and fro in delight.

For a day that had begun with such great darkness and loss in both their hearts, it had concluded with Sweet Puppy and Bea rediscovering their hope. They felt filled for the first time in a long time.







I'd like to acknowledge jgrace for their meaningful art.

This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters.
Sadly, everyone in this story with the exception of Tim aka Timothy the beaver and I, aka Bea are still here. All of the animals have gone to the Rainbow Bridge or Bridge of Rainbows as Bea calls it. And Doolie, my former partner passed 2 years ago. And Sweet Puppy January 2019.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.