General Fiction posted March 23, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A story about a man that yearns for a car he desires.

A Thing Of Beauty

by Dhani Salas


Downtown Los Angeles, California circa 1958. Ten years have passed and I'm not quite sure I've gotten over her beauty. She's no longer at the place where I first laid eyes on her. She's moved on, but my love for her hasn't lost a single heartbeat. It's safe to say that it was love at first sight. It's summer and all I can think about are her curves moving side to side as we'd change lanes down the famous scenic Pacific Coast Hwy. The first time her top came off, my jaw dropped in disbelief. That was the day that I knew we belonged to each other. I ask myself how my measly salary could even sustain a beauty of her stature. I'm just a grimly garbage man. I often see her at the end of a curb and I say to myself, "Someday my 1948 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible".



Flash Fiction contest entry


I am a fan of the car in the story. I hope to someday own that classic beauty. I just thought it would be fun to imagine what it would have been like to have seen this car fresh out the dealership lot.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dhani Salas All rights reserved.
Dhani Salas has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.