Letters and Diary Fiction posted March 1, 2020 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
to pension...or not to

A chapter in the book The Book of Retirement

The fear

by Iza Deleanu


George went to his Boss to inform him, that he is ready to make the sacrifice and take the package and leave space for the young millennials to do some work. The Boss happily congratulated him, between you and me, the Boss is going to look like a hero, because "in this bad economy" he just gained a spot in the upper management. The Union is not going to jump on his throat because he didn't respect the seniority bullshit.

The only problem he had was how to break this news to his wife. She had become so used to having a ride to work each morning. "Well, she will have to get used to go to work without me. I will stay home with the boys".

For his voluntary retirement, they will pay him the salary for two years, and then he will get the pension. One morning as he was sipping his favorite Cuban coffee and reading the newspaper, one title caught his eyes - In two years there will be no money for pensions....

George started to breath heavily: "What the hell! No money? What about my dreams, and for what I have worked so hard for forty years?" He started pacing and reading: "The Government has invested the pension funds in a project that was designed to move people to Mars."

George started to scream: "Mars?! We have lots of empty land here, why will they waste our pension funds into a SF project? What about me?"

"George, wake up! Stop screaming, it's time to go to work."

George opened his eyes:" Thanks God, it was just a dream. I love my job! Maybe I should make sure that I have money for my retirement. It's time to save some money outside the official pension. No banks, and no investments, my pillow will be my piggy bank."

His wife gave him the lunatic look; but he didn't care, he knew what he had to do with his money. The dream was a warning!

 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.