Letters and Diary Fiction posted February 29, 2020 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a husband

A chapter in the book The Book of Miracles

The husband

by Iza Deleanu




Background
The book is about the struggles of a east European immigrant that tries to adjust to a new life in North America. Thank you for reading.
He entered into my life like a hurricane. It was love at second sight, because the first time I didn't like him, but then I got a second look and the way he smiled and revealed his soul left me mesmerized.

He was living on the 3rd, and I was spending my innocent years, on the 1st. We met in a chat room the new dating tool of our century; I was Snow White from Kansas. He knew right away that I was not living in the USA, probably my way of thinking blew out my cover. My language was too sophisticated for the role I choose to play in this charade called "He loves me, he loves me not."

He flew on the 1st., over a year later to see who the hell I was. Romeo, was an engineer, and I was a librarian, what a romantic connection... NOT! Don't expect romantics from an engineer, you are not going to get it! But you can get a clean and honest heart, and a secure future.

I Ramona, I was the Juliet of this love story, but my Romeo was a very serious and down to earth guy. So we got married, and I moved on the 3rd, and everything changed. It took me 10 years to forget about romance and embrace realism.

However, I still keep a small island of the old charm romantic impulse, by jumping, usually at Christmas, in a blue moon escapade, preferably in a tropical country, where I enjoy the view, and he enjoys the silence.




The 3rd is Canada, the 1st country is Romania. Ramona or Ray-Ray it's am immigrant from Eastern Europe, who tries to adjust to her adoptive country Canada. The previous chapters offers glimpses of her life experience in the new country.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.