General Fiction posted March 6, 2020 Chapters:  ...12 15 -16- 17... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This will include previous story of Baker's Dozen as well

A chapter in the book Assassin Nation

Review of Story Up to Now

by Bill Schott

Red Appleton, President of the United States
Jason Marr, Vice President
Connie Highland, Senate Majority Leader
Samantha Anthra, Chief of Staff to President Appleton
Manuel Kontroz, Assistant to the President
Ben Baker, aka Butcher of Baghdad aka Bobby Do, assassin
C. C. Connor, former Chief of Staff to President Sullivan
Millie Manowitz, twin sister of C.C. Connor
--------------------------------
I want to continue with the novella, Assassin Nation, but it has been a while since the last chapter (October 2019) so I'll need to prep readers to allow re-access to the story.

It begins in the previous novella, Baker's Dozen, where we see a secret government program training assassins in the mid-west. Baker is a low-level White House staffer who is dropped naked into a wooded area with a gun, knife, boot lace, and a bottle of water. He knows that he must hunt down and kill twelve other people who he understands are hunting him as well.

This operation is run by the President of the United State's Chief of Staff, C.C. Connor. We learn as others are dropped into the same area that Baker is a flat character with no background. This makes sense as we learn that Baker isn't who he thinks he is, but a trained assassin programmed to think he's someone else.

Eventually, by the end of that story, Baker discovers he is Bobby Do, the Butcher of Baghdad, and faces down his creator, C.C. Connor.

Now, in the next story, Assassin Nation, most of the old players are back and all are at the White House. New characters like Samantha Anthra  and Manuel Kontroz work both together and against each other. Sam, to further the nefarious plans of C.C Connor, to emplace assassins within other's governments, and Manny, to discover just what those plans entail.

Some character quirks are that Samantha Anthra or Sam, is somehow programmed to kill at the drop of a hat, but is otherwise normal. Manuel Kontroz or Manny, is a highly spiritual genius who is also a trained killer. What is especially true in the story is that no one can be trusted.






 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.