Fantasy Poetry posted February 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A poem about spring...

The Fairies' Land

by Diana L Crawford



It's springtime again
in the fairies' land,
unfolding now that winter's through.

All beings awoke
to a dawning day,
giving thanks was all they could do.

In the fairies' land,
a treasure you'll find - 
creatures of beautiful hue,

There's fairies and sprites,
the magical elves,
and the alicorn creatures, too.

Protective centaurs
and fauns that do dance,
even a dragon named Blue.

Their garden's quite lush
with dazzling chroma
and heavenly scents flowing true.

Laughter and singing
'round a nice campfire;
we will celebrate life anew.

The spring has arrived,
and life has burst forth,
where fresh air and sunshine renew.


 



Poem for Spring writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem for spring. You can not use the words: flower, buds, blossoms, rain, new.


Fairies: The label of fairy has at times applied only to specific magical creatures with human appearance, small stature, magical powers, and a penchant for trickery. At other times it has been used to describe any magical creature, such as goblins and gnomes. Fairy has at times been used as an adjective, with a meaning equivalent to "enchanted" or "magical".

Sprites: A sprite is a supernatural entity. They are often depicted as fairy-like creatures or as an ethereal entity.

Elves: An elf is a type of humanlike supernatural being in Germanic mythology and folklore. In medieval Germanic-speaking cultures, elves seem generally to have been thought of as beings with magical powers and supernatural beauty, ambivalent towards everyday people and capable of either helping or hindering them.

Alicorn: The Alicorn is a combination of a Unicorn and a winged horse or Pegasus.

Centaur: A centaur was a creature from Greek mythology which was half-man and half-horse. The head, arms and torso were human and joined at the waist to the body and legs of a horse.

Faun: Faun, in Roman mythology, a creature that is part human and part goat, akin to a Greek satyr.

Dragon: A dragon is a large, serpentine legendary creature that appears in the folklore of many cultures around the world.





Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Diana L Crawford All rights reserved.
Diana L Crawford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.