General Poetry posted February 23, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
summer haiku

First Love Cuts the Deepest

by Gypsy Blue Rose

 
wet skin touches mine

on our summer sharp-reef hike;

first love cuts deepest


 

 



Recognized

#1840
2020




5/6/5 haiku (not a senryu) I can send you additional information upon request.
kigo (the season is summer)

I still remember my first love. The moment that I knew he was the one. It was summer on the northern Spain coast. We were on vacation. We swam from the beach to a small reef. I wanted to impress him so I challenged him to hike the reef. We did and at times his skin touched mine and it felt like a small electric shock. We were boyfriend and girlfriend until I moved to California and never saw him again.


author notes

A haiku is a type of Japanese poetry that originated in the 7th century. In Japan, haiku has seventeen syllables in a 5/7/5 pattern. In English is seventeen syllables or LESS. The reason is that Japanese and English syllables are different. Haiku are usually about nature, but as Basho once said, "everything is nature, about how men or women relate to nature". It's okay to add art to your haiku as long as it doesn't spell out the meaning of your haiku. The main point of haiku is to place a vivid picture with words in the reader's mind. The first two lines should be grammatically connected, a fluid thought. The third line is called satori. It means the aha! a moment in time...something that makes you think.

Thank you for reading,

Gypsy


***Dedicated to Pedro, my first love***
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.